Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Iraq Flag? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will soon be moving to Iraq. I notice that "Iraq" is not a choice for the country field of the user details information. Would it be possible to add it?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange that Iraq is not a selectable location but the Pitcairn Islands (population 48!) are.

Any Pitcairn mutineers here? arrrh
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kolumel wrote:
I will soon be moving to Iraq. I notice that "Iraq" is not a choice for the country field of the user details information. Would it be possible to add it?

Isn't Iraq a US state or protectorate by now? Can't you just use the US flag?
27 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
cagriggs wrote:
Isn't Iraq a US state or protectorate by now? Can't you just use the US flag?

That sure was obnoxious.shake

Clearly, it was a joke.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
cagriggs wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
cagriggs wrote:
Isn't Iraq a US state or protectorate by now? Can't you just use the US flag?

That sure was obnoxious.shake

Clearly, it was a joke.


Well, I guess as long as you're merely ridiculing 10's of thousands who have died in pursuit of their own country, that makes it much better. Sorry I said anything.

Wow? Really? Are you really seeing that in my comment? Never meant to go there or anywhere close to it. You certainly are reading a lot more into my comment than I ever intended. My dad was in the military and my grandfathers fought in WWII.

By the way, I do hope BGG is able to add the Iraq flag. It's strange that it isn't available right now.
16 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Weitz
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
No one in Iowa City plays wargames?
badge
Yes, I like helmets...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
cagriggs wrote:
Wow? Really? Are you really seeing that in my comment? Never meant to go there or anywhere close to it. You certainly are reading a lot more into my comment than I ever intended.


I do see that in your comment. I see disdain for the job our troops, our allies, and the Iraqi people have done in the comments of a lot of people though. It's a pretty sad situation IMO and it really irritates me. Sorry if you are the target of undeserved wrath on a bad day for me.

cagriggs wrote:
My dad was in the military and my grandfathers fought in WWII.


I'm not sure how the heroism of your ancestors is relevant to the discussion.

cagriggs wrote:
By the way, I do hope BGG is able to add the Iraq flag. It's strange that it isn't available right now.


On that we certainly agree.



Settle down, Francis.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
There are many, many more countries missing on the list. Most of Central Asia is unavailable for example. On the other hand, there are some tiny 'countries' on the list that aren't even fully independent.
Basically, the list of countries is ridiculous, and it has been like that forever. As far as I know, previous requests for improvement always fell on deaf ears.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Please take your argument about the war etc. to another thread. I really would just like a small technical change to the site.

2) I think there is probably a much higher chance of gamers' being in Iraq (given the large U.S. presence) than in Central Asia. I hope you are not right about deaf ears ...
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb

    If I recall correctly there was a bit of a snafu with the design of the Iraq flag a few years back. The US "helped" the Iraqi government redesign it and for some reason chose the colors white and light blue (remarkably similar to Israel's flag). It was redesigned in January of this year in red, black, and white with green text.

    Given the difficult path it has traveled, the admins may have simply chosen to wait for the dust to settle.

             Sag.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where I got that list of countries - I'll add Iraq.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Because Aldie was too nice to say it:

A reminder that there is a way to deal with posts on BGG that you think are inappropriate: Click the little red box with a white X in it, beside the thumbs and GG tips.

There's no need to discuss it in the thread.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Not sure where I got that list of countries - I'll add Iraq.


Would it be possible to add Iran as well. My GF has a lot of gaming family there and goes back and forth often.

thanks,
abe
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
Avatar
Sagrilarus wrote:

    If I recall correctly there was a bit of a snafu with the design of the Iraq flag a few years back. The US "helped" the Iraqi government redesign it and for some reason chose the colors white and light blue (remarkably similar to Israel's flag). It was redesigned in January of this year in red, black, and white with green text.

    Given the difficult path it has traveled, the admins may have simply chosen to wait for the dust to settle.

             Sag.


Wtf? The flag hasn't changed, with the exception of adding a bit of green text.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Choi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
ze_stom: best avatar ever!

1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
coffeedream wrote:
ze_stom: best avatar ever!



Thanks!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
drewdane wrote:
Wtf? The flag hasn't changed, with the exception of adding a bit of green text.


In the end it stayed more or less the same. But during the invasion and after the fall of Saddam it went on a debate on how the new flag, to separate from the old regime would be.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.