Thumb up
1 Posts

Thingamajig» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrew stanley
flag msg tools
I'll tempt fate and try this again. (I tried entering this a few days ago and, just as i was finishing, my power went off for two hours.)

SPOILER ALERT: This session report contains actual words used in an actual game of Thingamajig. It's probably not all that important, but I thought I should mention it.

There were 6 of us waiting for a 4 player game to end so we could split into 2 groups of 5, and I managed to convince them to try Thingamajig while we waited. We didn't play a full game (we stopped when the other game ended), but most of us seemed to enjoy the game.

Some highlights:

Jason presses the button, looks at the word, thinks for a second, and says:
"Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Waffles..."
All of us are busily writing down "Breakfast", but he continues...
"...Pancakes, Hashbrowns, It's one of those."
We all stop.
Us (not in unison, but pretty close): "What do you mean, It's one of those?"
Jason: "It's one of those words I just said."
Us: "You've picked 6 words, and it's one of those?"
Jason: "Yes"
Us: "Why didn't you just pick 2 words?"
Jason: Thinks, then "Oh, Yeah."
We all scratch out "Breakfast", and then all of us guess wrong.

Alan proceeded to refine Jason's idea with "Elevator or Stairs, it's one of those." Only one person guessed correctly.

I get the word "hole". After a few seconds mentally discarding some of the obvious clues, I point at the pile of chips in the middle of the table, and say "It's the reason I shouldn't put these in my pocket."
Mark immediately says "Why, you got a hole in your pocket?"
Even with me staring at him with a mixture of disbelief and death-stare, only Mike picks "hole". Everybody else picks "cheating" or "rules".

Jason says "It's the most popular pet." All of us write "dog". Apparently we're wrong, it's "cat". Everyone I have asked since then has also said "dog".

Overall I would say this is one of the better party games and, as a party game, I would rate it an 8.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.