Popular Tags: [View All]
Ururam Tururam
Poland
Krakow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Experimenting Warlock
badge
Caffa et bucella per attractionem corporum venit ad stomachum meum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a question for people (especially from European countries) who pre-ordered Titan directly in the VG shop and already received the game: Have you received the promised bonus Titan figurines?
Well, my pre-ordered game came yesterday, but there was no bonus included. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, look on the bright side ... at least this way they didn't arrive smashed to smithereens.

Seriously, tough luck, because emailing them appears to be a fruitless endeavour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people have:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/362616

Others are still waiting......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milvus
Ireland
Wicklow Town
Co. Wicklow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just reading this post when there was a knock at the door and there was the delivery man with my copy of Titan No figures though. I've waited a long time for this and will be really pissed if the figures don't turn up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I am still waiting for my Hannibal general figures from more than a year ago.

I sympathise with you. Needless to say I did not pre - order Titan, although I am a huge fan of that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lucas
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont be disappointed about the figures - mine arrived in the UK last week, with the game (from VG) and they're broken into more pieces than I care to count. They're too brittle to play with I'd say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received both the game and the figurines...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You shall be considered lucky. I still haven't received my game. I will be calling my credit card company to see if I am still eligible for a charge-back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived today without the figurines and with a split corner of the box (while it was still sealed...) They shouldn't have put the countersheets in the gamebox but just on top of the gamebox; they are much too heavy (whine, whine..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb

I wonder why they don't respond. I also sent an email and got no response. If you want to run a company, don't you have to have customer service? Alienating your customers is rarely a good thing to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Scheenen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today too. Also, no figures . Lets hope they show up later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game arrived today. No miniatures. Anyone got a explanation from VG?

The production value of the game is amazing, but everything fits too tightly in the box, it's hard to pull the boards out without breaking the bottom lid... That said, at least my counters were pretty dry (enough that the counters do fit inside the tray).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:

The production value of the game is amazing, but everything fits too tightly in the box, it's hard to pull the boards out without breaking the bottom lid... That said, at least my counters were pretty dry (enough that the counters do fit inside the tray).

Your solution? Mentioned elsewhere, place a piece of ribbon or string under the boards. Use to lift your boards out without pushing out the sides. Or just tip it upside down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
badge
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
mbmbmbmbmb
VG should clear this up ASAP.

Are we supposed to wait for the miniatures for several months, like the Hannibal ones ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine yesterday, also without minis.
The game looks great, with only a couple of minor imperfections (box corner split; marsh battle board and one counter sheet off center).
I'm not going to miss the minis when playing the game, so I guess I can wait a little longer for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kestril wrote:
maka wrote:

Your solution? Mentioned elsewhere, place a piece of ribbon or string under the boards. Use to lift your boards out without pushing out the sides. Or just tip it upside down.

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of the string solution. Tipping it upside down could be a problem with the counter tray...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
...easy ...easy ...eeesay...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, no Titan figures, but I did get my plastic Supernova token (both pre-ordered, both arrived together... BIIIIG box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wales
United Kingdom
Kings Lynn
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know why so many people seem to have a problem with communication from VG, I'm in the UK I've e-mailed a few times and always got a reply. Even to the point last week the European dispatchers made an error in my order, I mailed VG who mailed the dispatchers about an hour later. In under 24 hours Titan and figures were on my door step. Perhaps replies could be getting lost with junk mail? And take other persons advise, don't use the figurines, sneeze and thats your lot. One of mine was broke in the box and I was lucky. I hope they release a better 6 figure set at some point. Mmmmmm, bronze Titans, now that would be nice. Remember the FFG's WOW figures, nice!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you might have gathered from other comments, Hannibal generals took far longer than several months to arrive after the game shipped. I myself just got a replacement for the torn label I got in my original package of general, but no subs for the broken figures - I'm just giving up and will find some way to fix them myself, I guess. Some people haven't gotten their generals yet at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
badge
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonkev wrote:
I don't know why so many people seem to have a problem with communication from VG, I'm in the UK I've e-mailed a few times and always got a reply.

It seems that the missing figurine problem is limited to Europe, but a lot of Europe .

To me it would make good sense that VG made a statement to clear up this issue, instead of all the European pre-order'ees mail VG and ask for personal assistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:

I wonder why they don't respond. I also sent an email and got no response. If you want to run a company, don't you have to have customer service? Alienating your customers is rarely a good thing to do.

I am following the Republic of Rome mailing list and it seems that VG is starting the rules update for RoR... I don't understand why they have the time to work on a new title but not handling complaints from (lots of) unsatisfied customers.

I am tempted to seek an answer from the Republic of Rome Yahoo group.. but decided not to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received it here in NL, without bonus figures.
Mailed VG but I'm not expecting a response ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome Jorge - I can't take credit for the idea, just for passing it on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikku wrote:
Just received it here in NL, without bonus figures.
Mailed VG but I'm not expecting a response ...

At least you got the game *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.