Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Vickery
Australia
Tempe (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hey! That's My Fish! lends itself easily to variants. This one is our favourite - it lets you use all the penguins and gives you another objective (as well as avoiding all those lonely drifting penguins at game end).

- Aim: get your penguins into one group while catching fish on the way.
- Each player uses 4 penguins of one colour regardless of how many are playing.
- Build the board however you like but include some holes in the middle.
- Now take one penguin from each other player (take 2 with two players). In turn place a penguin on any empty tile on the board - this could be one of the remaining penguins of your colour or it could be one of the ones you took from another player. Once all penguins are placed, begin play.
- The game is played as normal with one exception: penguins of one colour may share a tile. Penguins that share a tile must move as a group.
- Scoring:
1dbSimple scoring for little kids is to count who has the most penguins in a single group and declare them the winner. Two groups of 2 beats one group of 2. If you want to break ties you can count tiles collected.
5dbFor gamers, count fish as normal and add
24 points for a group of 4 penguins
16 points for a group of 3 penguins
6 points per group of 2 penguins (two groups nets 12 points)

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard, sounds good. I look forwards to trying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.