12 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: A 'Few' Quick Questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Pangilinan
Canada
flag msg tools
1. Plague Carriers - are affected by Zombie Hunger from 2 spaces away.

Does this mean that Plague Carriers move:
(a) two spaces into a hero when he/she is in a 2 space range.
(b) one space towards a hero when the hero is two spaces away.

2. Extinguisher - I personally love rushing into and fighting zombie hordes. If all 8 adjacent spots around a hero had zombies in it, could I use the fire extinguisher to move all adjacent zombies into the space of the hero using it?

3. Gasoline - These questions arose when I used "Catch" to give a surrounded hero gasoline and wished to deploy it on the same spot as the hero.

(I)"At any time during your move..."

Does this mean:
(a) I have to actually be moving?
(b) My entire move phase?

If (a) is true, is it possible to dump the gas on 2 according to this diagram while moving to 3:
1= Hero

xx3
x1x
2xx

(II) If a hero moves into a space with a zombie it says in the rulebook that your move ends immediately

Does mean that:
(a) I can no longer douse spaces with gas once I enter a space with a zombie
(b) I can still douse spaces even if I enter a space with a zombie.

edit ex: 1=Hero, Z=zombie that is being walked into 3= desired gas dropoff.
xx3
xZx
1xx

edit(III) The shotgun shoots each zombie in the same space.
If there is a gas marker and a zombie in the same space, do you have to shoot both or is it a choice? (happened to me)
What if there are 2 gas markers in the same spot, do u have to shoot both? (never happened to me)

4. Fighting Instincts - This question arose when using the card with only the crowbar in the discard pile to choose from when fighting a hero with a 'wins on ties' card played on him.

Does this mean that:
(a) The zombies 2 'win on ties' (innate ability + card) overrides the hero's 1 'win on ties'
(b) Heroes always win on ties if they have such an ability.

5. Side questions
I have the 1st edition game and the expansion.

Is it just my case that:
(I)the cards to the expansion are about a third to half a centimeter shorter than the originals?

(II) the back of the large hero cards to the expansion are slightly lighter (not very noticeable at first glance) and Rachelle's is significantly lighter? (instantly noticeable that when drawing randomly like from a deck of cards, I know exactly which one is Rachelle.)

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They move one space towards a hero two spaces away.

2. Sure! You can move them wherever you want as long as it is one space away.

3. Hope I am understanding your question. With Gasoline you can deploy it any time you want as long as you are moving. i.e. I can move two spaces, put the gas marker down, and then move two more spaces. What you can't do is give it to another hero and have them put it down unless it is their turn.

4. I actually have asked this question myself. The official answer is that zombies would win on ties in this case. Logic goes like this. Zombies win on ties, but Johnny or Heroic Resolve (or other cards) trump that, and they win on ties. But then Zombies have crowbar and win on ties overriding the hero win on ties. laugh

5. I also have the first edition of both. For me the hero cards were the exact same size (I can't notice any difference. But I also use card protectors.

The Hero stat cards on the other hand from growing hunger are in fact a bit lighter and noticeable from the base set. We just don't...look... when we are picking randomly. Hope that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seiya's right on all accounts, as far as I know. I just want to help clarify 3 a little more.

3.I. is (a). You can dump gasoline any time during your move phase but only if you are devoting your move phase to movement. This means you CANNOT dump gas if you are Searching or using Youthful healing. You can use your move phase to "move," and stand still, however, and dump the gas in that case. You just can't be doing any other move-equivalent action instead. Your diagram is entirely possible; the Hero has dedicated themself to moving and therefore may dump the gas in any adjacent square (or, of course, the one they're in) at any point during the process, even at its beginning.

3.II. has never come up for me, but I would say that (a) is correct. Movement is over, so you can't dump the gas. You're too busy trying to not get eaten at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Pangilinan
Canada
flag msg tools
I threw in another gas question which I forgot to add into the original post. Thanks to the both of you for the clarifications on the rest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Welc
Poland
Wrocław (Vratislavia)
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
4. I actually have asked this question myself. The official answer is that zombies would win on ties in this case. Logic goes like this. Zombies win on ties, but Johnny or Heroic Resolve (or other cards) trump that, and they win on ties. But then Zombies have crowbar and win on ties overriding the hero win on ties. laugh

I don't know the official answer, but IMHO the most recently played card states the current situation - overriding previous ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
macike wrote:
seiyaaa wrote:

I don't know the official answer, but IMHO the most recently played card states the current situation - overriding previous ones.
That's how I would rule it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
About the new gas question. You pick whether to shoot the gas can or shoot the zombies themselves with the shotgun.

Also, since its a game (not realistic), shooting a gas can that is in the same space as another doesn't affect the 2nd gas can.

By the way, the crowbar answer is official. Just search for crowbar in the rules section, I asked the question myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
By the way, the crowbar answer is official. Just search for crowbar in the rules section, I asked the question myself.
Kind of goes against how most card games work, but I guess it won't affect the game much. It just seems odd that if a zombie is wielding a crowbar and you have a Heroic Resolve card, playing it would do nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wells
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reppin wrote:
2. Extinguisher - I personally love rushing into and fighting zombie hordes. If all 8 adjacent spots around a hero had zombies in it, could I use the fire extinguisher to move all adjacent zombies into the space of the hero using it?

Remember the fire extinguisher works on only 1 space, it's move all zombies on your or an adjacent space, not all unfortunately.

Thing I'd like to know is what the radius is like for plague carries. Regular zombie hunger doesn't count diagonals, so how do you do it with this one? We just did 2 spaces orthogonally and 1 space diagonally creating a sort of pixelated circle (Kind of like how a 10ft radius on a D&D grid would be).

Remember with your catch scenario, your character can throw the gas can but he can't deploy it, the guy who had it thrown to him has to, so if he's already had his turn then it will have to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack read this thread on the Fire extinguisher, its more bad ass than your playing it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2813386#2813386

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wells
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I've not seen that before, wording on the card isn't the best.

puck71 wrote:
seiyaaa wrote:
Kind of goes against how most card games work, but I guess it won't affect the game much. It just seems odd that if a zombie is wielding a crowbar and you have a Heroic Resolve card, playing it would do nothing.

I believe that if you played Heroic Resolve afterwards then that would be the one that takes effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Softcheck
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
StatSig wrote:

3.II. has never come up for me, but I would say that (a) is correct. Movement is over, so you can't dump the gas. You're too busy trying to not get eaten at that point.

Just to further clarify this situation, wouldn't it be possible to drop the gasoline into the adjacent space before your final move? So it would still be possible to end up in a space with or next to the gasoline, but it would still prevent you from dropping gasoline in a space behind the zombie?

To Illustrate:

Before After

XOOO XOOO
XZHO XBOO (Both Zombie and Hero are in the same spot)
XOOO XOOO

In this example, The Hero could have dropped the gasoline in any of those "O" spaces (including his own or the zombie's space) before taking his final move, but cannot drop it in the X spaces (once he moved into the space with the zombie, his move phase immediately ended. He'll have to wait until the next round to discard in those spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.