BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: looking for the best Baseball rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Hendrick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
board game out there. Anyone have an opinion? Are there any new ones coming out? I'd like to play a game using my own baseball cards as the players, has this kind of game been invented yet?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you post this question here? Risk Express has nothing to do with baseball. A simple (well, advanced) BGG search here brings up the top-rated BGG baseball titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
tiberiusdw wrote:
Why would you post this question here? Risk Express has nothing to do with baseball. A simple (well, advanced) BGG search here brings up the top-rated BGG baseball titles.

David, have you not played Risk Express yet? Despite the title, it's all about baseball!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I suggest you look at Replay Baseball ? It doesn't let you play with your own cards, but it does feature some of the most exciting and realistic play possible.

Follow the link from the game's page here on the 'Geek for the Replay discussion board. Lots of friendly, helpful people there.

For a simpler, yet fun, game, lots of folks swear by Harry's Grand Slam Baseball Game.

Whatever you decide, good luck and much joy in your choices!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hendrick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Oops sorry about that. Should I re-post in a different forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Steve SMASH!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I love Strat-O-Matic Baseball, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. The simple rules are extremely easy, and most of the complex rules don't take more than a single read-through to fully understand.

With that said, I've never tried Replay baseball, so it may (or may not) be vastly superior .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sports Illustrated Baseball isn't bad, but it's not as involved as strat-o-Matic Baseball. It's a good quick game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Paschoalin
Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dynasty League Baseball is a great game, and you may even find recent player cards elsewhere in the web... Search "Internet Baseball League" and you'll find everything you need there.

Now, if you really want to use your own baseball cards, try Program IV Baseball. You won't be disappointed.

Lastly, if you want just some fun (even with non-gamers), try Inning-A-Minute Baseball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Bouncy
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have...Card Ball but I'm sure it's out of print now...but it allowed you to play with cards...you could probably find one in a thrift store or on-line...I found my copy on clearance at a friendly neighborhood game store

Pizza Box Baseball is supposed to be good, but I haven't played it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Conway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We reviewed Pizza Box Baseball on our show here:

http://thespiel.net/?q=node/208

It doesn't use baseball cards, but the designers hinted to me at one point that they hoped to bring out individualized pitcher cards for different MLB teams. Licensing is probably the major league hurdle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Higdon
United States
madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Downey of Downey Games sells "The Baseball Card Game" and is designed to be played with your own baseball cards (as ell as a standard deck of playing cards). You can find the e-book version here

http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=produ...

and hardcopy version here

http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=produ...

Hardball Wars, his other Baseball game, is pretty fun as well. It's a low complexity, fast playing, and has a lot of seasons available. It doesn't use baseball cards, but instead comes with teamsheets that contain the ratings for all batters and pitchers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pizza Box Baseball is a good one. I have even created a pitch by pitch variant, that I modestly think is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fermmoylle wrote:
Dynasty League Baseball is a great game, and you may even find recent player cards elsewhere in the web... Search "Internet Baseball League" and you'll find everything you need there.

The game is now called Dynasty League Baseball. It is made by the same person that started Pursue The Pennant. The website is http://designdepot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a version of Baseball Strategy. I remember liking it a lot but haven't played in years so it is up for sale or trade if any of you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Severino
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
STATIS PRO BASEBALL is excellent; one of my all-time favorite games. I played the hell out of that game as a teenager/young adult. Solid stats simulation, colorful quick play, and individual player cards so you can draft your own "fantasy" teams (which is how we mostly played).

Sadly it is out-of-print, but there's someone making up new cards for the game here: http://tabletopbaseball.org/spc.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Fletcher
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
I am awaited in Valhalla!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the recommendation of Statis Pro. If you can get a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.