Popular Tags: [View All]
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if Break Through for Vassal is in the works?

If so when?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have designed a breakthrough mod for vassal. For now thought, it is only on test mod between me and my brother and also Brummbar has tried it. He said he would do some tweaks in order to fit his scenario too (Sellow Heights) because it has some special rules. But I hadn't heard of him for a while...

I guess I should ask someone over at DOW If I could release it somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If someone adds the new pieces, I would be willing to work on the scenarios. I did most of the scenarios for the previous version but didn't have time to help out on the current version. Whil,e I appreciate the time put in for the current version, there are quite a feq "quality control" errors with certain sides being locked out, multiple layers of units stakced int he same hex, and a couple otehr issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

ColtsFan76 wrote:
If someone adds the new pieces, I would be willing to work on the scenarios. I did most of the scenarios for the previous version but didn't have time to help out on the current version. Whil,e I appreciate the time put in for the current version, there are quite a feq "quality control" errors with certain sides being locked out, multiple layers of units stakced int he same hex, and a couple otehr issues.

Which version are you talking about? When the Air Pack vassal mod was created I helped Brummbar with the creation of about 45 of the original 64 scenarios. Truth is allthought we proofreaded them some mistakes weren't found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Greeek geek wrote:

Which version are you talking about? When the Air Pack vassal mod was created I helped Brummbar with the creation of about 45 of the original 64 scenarios. Truth is allthought we proofreaded them some mistakes weren't found.

Brummbar's version is version 7? If so, I worked on 6 with Bilben, the original creator of the module.

Mostly the Eastern Front scenarios under the Air pack sub-folder. If you are just reviewing them, they look fine. But some hexes have up to 4 units stacked on top of each other which aren't discovered until you try moving or taking hits. This is a common problem if you try to clone units instead of grab them fresh from the pallette.

Another issue is the special forces badges were placed over units. This prevents you from reaching the right-click menu of that unit to take hits, place markers on them, etc. The fix is that you have to double-click the unit to separate them, then restack them in the opposite order.

I know there were also a lot of problems logging on as certain sides. Most likely this is an error with Vassal instead of the module. But this type of error can occur if someone logs on to a side and forgets to retire. I personally haven't experienced this but some of my opponents have in live games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Brummbar's version is version 7?

Yes I think it is: http://www.brummbar44.com/vassal/

ColtsFan76 wrote:
But some hexes have up to 4 units stacked on top of each other which aren't discovered until you try moving or taking hits. This is a common problem if you try to clone units instead of grab them fresh from the pallette.

This is a common problem. I run into it too. It doesn't affect gameplay very much though. There are a few of those in v7 too...

ColtsFan76 wrote:
Another issue is the special forces badges were placed over units. This prevents you from reaching the right-click menu of that unit to take hits, place markers on them, etc. The fix is that you have to double-click the unit to separate them, then restack them in the opposite order.

Yes that was a common problem too. I think we checked al the unit's with badges in v7. I actually placed all the SF markers and after I placed the units over them.

ColtsFan76 wrote:
I know there were also a lot of problems logging on as certain sides. Most likely this is an error with Vassal instead of the module. But this type of error can occur if someone logs on to a side and forgets to retire. I personally haven't experienced this but some of my opponents have in live games.

I have only played live games and I never had that problem.

Anyway Memoir '44 is a great game, and I play it in any chance I get!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.