8 Posts

Kingsburg» Forums » General

Subject: Someone please make up "Market" +1/-1 counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its easy to forget that the Market allows you a plus or minus on your dice total (once per productive season).

Markers with a nice graphic and "+1/-1" would be helpful to keep with your +2 Die markers; laying it on the board with your dice would show other players that your total is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
being both practical and cheap, I would just buy some index cards, cut it in half (or smaller to fit the physical space an advisor takes up), and write "+1" on one side and "-1" on the other. When using your Market, flip to the side that you want to use and place it with your dice.

Otherwise, while I would say to just "suck it up" and remember, I did forget about my Market for one production season, so it certainly does happen. I definately ask other player(s) NOT to flip the die when the Market is used. E.g., change a roll of two to a one and move it to the #1 Jester spot. Leave it as a roll of 2 on the #1 spot so I'll have the "visual" of knowing the Market was used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Such a token should be included (in five colours, of course) in the upcoming expansion (I cannot guarantee it yet, but the intention was surely there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you also include stickers with the names of the advisers, to paste on the board?

Actually if you produced a printable sheet that matches the graphics, in each language, Geeks could print them on labels themselves.

With the correct graphics, the sticker would not be noticeable as something pasted onto the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
Can you also include stickers with the names of the advisers, to paste on the board?

Actually if you produced a printable sheet that matches the graphics, in each language, Geeks could print them on labels themselves.

With the correct graphics, the sticker would not be noticeable as something pasted onto the board.
Why would you want to reference the advisors by name on that level? AFAIK, the only names that are good to know in the game are the invaders (some buildings provide bonuses against them), and maybe some building names if they get referenced by name, but for all intents and purposes, The graphics on the advisors and their names could've been removed from the game without any affect to gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
...(snip)...Leave it as a roll of 2 on the #1 spot so I'll have the "visual" of knowing the Market was used.

In my last game, one of the players simply slid his building marker on the Market to the right when he used the Market. That way a quick glance at his building sheet told me if he still had the Market available.

This doesn't fix the problem of remembering to use it yourself, but it definitively tells you which players have used their Market. A simple solution that worked remarkably well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Gronak wrote:

I'm sorry, but personally I do not have the skills to produce such a thing, and I'm not aware of any plan about doing it officially. However, you may always count upon some geek... (e.g. you may open a thread offering a GeekGold prize, whose amount is up to you of course, to whoever would produce and upload such a file).

ackmondual wrote:
The graphics on the advisors and their names could've been removed from the game without any affect to gameplay.

Hey, that's my prototype!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use a penny with the dice to show if the market was used, heads +1, tails -1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.