Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Doiron
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Until now, we've only played this game as a couple. Our 8 year old (Max) has been asking to play this for awhile, so we finally decided to sit down and play it with him.

Antoine (my husband) played as the character our little boy named "Hot Lady."
I was the Man in Black
Max was thrilled to be the Cow

At the very beginning of the game Max obviously had the exit card and we kept having to explain to him that it couldn't be played yet. Then he lost his hand in a blackout and later on got another exit. He waited eagerly for there to be a legal place to play it. As soon as there was, he placed it and we then all raced for the exit. We had to go through the Breeding Chamber to get there. Fortunately for me, I was the first player to have a turn once in the breeding chamber, and I was able to roll my way out of there. The exit was only 2 steps away and neither Max nor Antoine were able to play the right event cards to stop me from ending my turn there.

So I won.

Because it's been awhile since we played, I had to refresh my memory by re-reading the rules first, and I was reminded of how awful they are. In the end, the little boy had fun, but my husband and I didn't enjoy it that much. This game is really pretty painful during the learning process, and it's only fun once you know how to play and everything is running smoothly. As it was, it felt like an awkward mess.

But, Max declared it "really fun" so I guess we'll have the opportunity to play it again and enjoy it more. I know that when I played it with my husband several months ago, we had fun with it once we'd figured out the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim U
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
And ever since...
and now every night at bedtime, little Max crawls under his bed, curls up into the fetal position, and chants till morning "can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me can't sleep aliens will get me ..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Doiron
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, he wanted to play the game when he was 6 and I wouldn't let him because I thought the game wasa little too creepy. But, it didn't seem to bother him at all. The game really isn't that scary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim U
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
dagny21 wrote:
But, it didn't seem to bother him at all.

In fact, nothing seems to bother him at all lately. Whenever something -- or somebody -- now bothers little Max, he just wiggles his new antennae in their general direction, and they disappear into the cornfield out back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.