Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Sturm Europa!» Forums » News

Subject: News? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Well, any news on this really interesting project anyone?

Btw, I've seen the designer, Michael W. Tan, pretty active recently on the A&A:aniversary.ed forums on bgg, mostly around subjects related to in-depth strategy analisis; I myself am complete newby to the whole wargame scene, but must confess I followed those discussions, even not understanding them since I have no clue on actual A%A game rules.

Why I say all this you ask ? Well simply, seeing that Michael seems to be capable of analizing strategies in such a depth and seeing how much effort he did in this project, I'm safe to say Sturm Europa! will definitly be a challange, even for those vets around here

I only wonder how, newbie friendly the game will be ... any light rule options? or maybe some parts that for the first games can be left outside? Or maybe are the rules by themselfs already newbie ''achievable''; that is; relatively easy to learn, BUT hard to master. So that the game depth lies not in rule intensity, but other factors?

Just some random questions... Cya around!

Edit: typos, lots of em
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot disclose who yet, but a deal is being finalized with an established publisher to release Sturm Europa! in 2009. I absolutely insisted that the game components be "euro" quality and I'm confident this publisher will deliver because their current titles are redefining the standard for wargame production quality. Right now the tentative game components are:

(2) 22"x33" mounted maps
(165) event cards
(150) 3/4" wooden blocks
(120) 3/4" die cut counters.
(1) 16-page rulebook
(1) 16-page scenario / play book
(1) battleboard
(3) player aids / summary sheets
(4) dice

Everything will be full color. The publisher is going to make every effort to have small programmed sections in the rulebook to make the game more "non-wargmer friendly." BTW Easy to learn, hard to master is practically my mantra...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
m3tan wrote:
I cannot disclose who yet, but a deal is being finalized with an established publisher to release Sturm Europa! in 2009.

Nice! 2009 Christmas wish list complete...

It would be awesome (but probably impossible) if it made it out as my late Birthday Gift (May).

Keep us posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The entry for this game is updated - the publisher is Academy Games, publishers of Conflict of Heroes. Sounds like a good match to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
DetonatedManiac wrote:
m3tan wrote:
I cannot disclose who yet, but a deal is being finalized with an established publisher to release Sturm Europa! in 2009.

Nice! 2009 Christmas wish list complete...

It would be awesome (but probably impossible) if it made it out as my late Birthday Gift (May).

Keep us posted.

End of the year is a better forecast. Academy is going to publish the sequel of CoH in June so my bet is December '09/February '10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Commander Harris
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
good news! In one of the other blogs/forums Micheal Tan says things are final and the game will be released in the fall of this year.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@971.v6Qfe6ksMuB.0@.1dd32...

I take it this is official and still standing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading about this game, holding off on difficult decision over Eastfront 2 or Europe engulfed. This looks like a strong contender. Just have to wait,,,,,,,,, patiently,,,,,,. NOT EASY, please give more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
max89 wrote:
good news! In one of the other blogs/forums Micheal Tan says things are final and the game will be released in the fall of this year.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@971.v6Qfe6ksMuB.0@.1dd32...

I take it this is official and still standing?

Yes it is official. Academy Games is the publisher.

http://www.academy-games.com/

I'm working on the last aspects of the design before I send it off for blind playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juno44 wrote:
Reading about this game, holding off on difficult decision over Eastfront 2 or Europe engulfed. This looks like a strong contender. Just have to wait,,,,,,,,, patiently,,,,,,. NOT EASY, please give more info.

The basic block mechanics are similiar to both those games but it is in no way a rehash of those designs. Players have much more control over the politics, technology, and air and naval war. The block count is much smaller to allow faster playing times but without a loss in operational detail. I've also introduced game mechanics to mitigate the increase in luck factor that is usually associated with games with low unit density. I highly recommend both EastFront and Europe Engulfed - I own both - but if you must chose one and can wait for Sturm Europa, you will be handsomely rewarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quote:
Academy Games is the publisher

Hey thats great news! Congratulations Michael, glad for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.