Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sheppard
United States
Bellevue
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Played this for the first time last night. Bounced a polar bear to my wife. She had two explorers on the island (where the bear landed) and one rope in her supply. To escape the polar bear she moved one back to an ice flow, which cost her the rope. There was rope on the flow where she landed. Can she pick up that rope as part of moving from the PB, or is that only an option on your normal turn movement? I ask, because it meant the difference between both of her explorers moving to the ice flow, or having one air-lifted back to Alaska.

I suspect she can't pick up the rope, but the rules seem a little non-specific about this.

Anyone know for sure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up for us too. Think after surfing the forums, or perhaps through checking the updated rules (I have the original ones), we confirmed that you cannot pick up the rope.

Items can only be picked up on your regular turn, at the end of your regular movement (provided you opted to move, and not fish).

Otherwise the "threat" of polar bears can become even less scary and potentially more advantageous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Conrad
England
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, objects can only be picked up by the active player (i.e. the one who started the polar bear moving), and then only at the end of his/her movement.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.