Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
During a recent play, I noticed that a single rivet in one cube had fallen out and became lost during travel between Dallas and New Orleans. A quick re-orientation of the cube allowed for play to continue without negatively impacting the game.

I shot an email to Michael, who promptly mailed me a few replacement rivets par avion. Less than two weeks from request to receipt — across an ocean, no less! Kudos to Michael for his promptness.

For posterity:
Quote:
The rivets are simply pushed into a cube using the small end of a sceptre or similar implement (plastic pen-end).
If they are not fully pushed in, they can be pulled out because the sceptre magnet is very strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to add that Michael similarly hooked me up with the playmat that was missing from my Essen copy. He was thoroughly delightful about the whole thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
I'd like to add that Michael similarly hooked me up with the playmat that was missing from my Essen copy. He was thoroughly delightful about the whole thing!

I'm certainly glad to hear the above people were provided with good customer service. I unfortunately had a somewhat different experience.

I also shot Michael an e-mail around a week ago about the rules and have yet to hear back. Maybe someone on here can be nice enough to try and answer my question.

My questions involves the movement of the scepters. I know when you moving them diagonally, they may only move on a single flat surface, unable to move to different sides of the cube. If this turns out to be wrong, feel free to point it out. My confusion involves moving the Scepters Horizontally or vertically along the sides of the structure. I understand that they can't pass by other pawn or bumps in the cubes as they move but my question is this. When they move, does it always have to be a straight line, even though they may move around unobstructed cubes that may stand out, or are they allowed to make turns, and continue moving in a straight ling, unless they turn again.

If I didn't explain my question well enough, please feel free to ask any questions you like, so I might try and may it clearer.

Just got the game today and am dying to play it, but find the diagrams in the instructions confusing.

With much appreciation.

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a straight line, no turns. They can move to a new face of the board while moving in that straight line, so they just slide over the unobstructed cubes sticking out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Just a straight line, no turns. They can move to a new face of the board while moving in that straight line, so they just slide over the unobstructed cubes sticking out.

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly. I had watched a video where the designer was showing how the game was played and it may have been an accident, but when showing Sceptre movement laterally, he moved down one side and then turned and went around another side. Now with your answer and re-reading the instructions, I think he was really just trying to show you could move vertically or horizontally in a straight line.

Much thanks, now it's time to set my brain on fire.

Arthur Reilly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.