Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Descent and I've been reading through the rules. I either misunderstood the 'aim' order, or the token is not required.
I understand that the 'order' tokens are used so that players can remember that said hero has an order that they can use during the OL's turn.
However the aim order, is used during the hero's turn in order to 'enchance' an attack. It can't be used during the OL's turn, can it?
Then why is a token needed? The player could just announce that he is using an attack and an aim order.
However I fear that there is something that I am missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Kernel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand you can place an aim order in after moving/attacking and if you do not recieve any wounds in the OL turn you can use the aim in your own turn, if you do not move first...

Cheerio,
A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SovTech wrote:
As far as I understand you can place an aim order in after moving/attacking and if you do not recieve any wounds in the OL turn you can use the aim in your own turn, if you do not move first...

Cheerio,
A

Exactly.
Example:
Your turn, you declare a ready action. You move your spaces and place an aim token.
Overlord takes his turn.
Your turn again and you declare a battle action. Your first attack will be aimed, your second will not. (This assumes you haven't lost the aim token during that time by getting wounded or switching weapons or something like that).

But you are right. In most cases, when doing an aim and attack on your same turn, the token is rather superfluous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happyjosiah wrote:
Your turn again and you declare a battle action. Your first attack will be aimed, your second will not.

In fact, I don't think using the Aim order is mandatory. So your second attack could be aimed, at your choice. (Though it does sound like an odd choice, in general.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LoneCleric wrote:
happyjosiah wrote:
Your turn again and you declare a battle action. Your first attack will be aimed, your second will not.

In fact, I don't think using the Aim order is mandatory. So your second attack could be aimed, at your choice. (Though it does sound like an odd choice, in general.)

Good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hallstrom
United States
Indiantown
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I didn't know an aim order carried over to your next turn. Can you carry over other orders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hallstrom
United States
Indiantown
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Nevermind, read through the rules again. Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, It was unclear to me that you could carry aim orders in next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aim is the only order token that is not removed at the start of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.