Popular Tags: [View All]
Franklin Lautert
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After the first time I played this game it became clear that losing workers is inevitable, so I started to focus solely on VPs - that is, always assessing how many VPs I will renounce if I take some action to save them, against how many they can provide me. My point is - it no longer hurts me to lose a person, it is a fact of the game.
What I really avoid like the plague - or, in this game, more than the plague - is losing a worker because there is no empty room for the new recruit. You also can say this should also be estimated in a cost/benefit analysis, but I think I would always chose to avoid it, if I did such an analysis.
What do you guys think? Do you use to allow it to happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will usually do something to avoid that. Losing a person due to full palace is often as bad as losing one to events, or sometimes not as bad or sometimes worse depending on the situation. But the point is, what I do to avoid that loss, namely building, is usually more beneficial than other actions.

From another point of view, if you make some effort to avoid losing someone to events, but then later in the game lose someone to full palace, than retroactively the earlier effort is probably wasted. For example, if you took an elder healer or farmer instead of a younger one, you're losing three person points for no lasting benefit. Those three person points can have a very profound effect on the game. Thus one important advice for the novice is that, one should not avoid more losses (to events) than he can really avoid (to full palace otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.