Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there some way to make the solo of this game easier, I MEAN 10 tasks to thwart? I hardly get 10 done in a game. Also the dice hate me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use half the tasks required for two players, as there's only one of you.(5 per week?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way to make it easier is to lower the required number of tasks. I've found that 5 is an optimal number for solo play; you have a chance to thwart evil without making the game too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Five tasks might work if you're playing a wizard. You couldn't win solo as a Druid with five (at least I can't). It also depends on how easy your map is. Start with two tasks per fortnight and just increase it from there if it seems too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I to make it easier on myself set up the map with two big islands facing in a hex pattern, with the dragon lair set up in the middle, connected to two magic realms (so it's always able to get out), then I make a string of a third island moving along the top or bottom of the other two islands, also all islands are no more than 1 hex apart (so I can swim from one to the other if need be). Boats in this situation are more like motor cars zooming down the interstate. All tiles besides the above stated, are random in placement. It seems to help as with a 3 task per fortnight goal, I was able to win as a sorcerer, just held off, got my 4th level, and made teleportations back and forth... la la la.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
I double the time between island flips in 1p games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.