Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keeping the rubber side down.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife asked me to setup a game of Dominion after dinner.

"Gosh hon, do I have to?"

I grabbed my chips and decided to do a random game. I pulled out my Blackberry and used the new random game generator I made on Tuesday night. I posted about it earlier (link below).

We got in no particular order: Witch, Mine, Bureaucrat, Moneylender, Feast, Smithy, Thief, Remodel, Village, and Cellar.

I decided to go into full attack mode and see what would happen. My first draw was 5 copper so I bought a Witch. Next I bought a Cellar. I bought a couple of Villages and 2 more Witches and she was starting to pull Curses and life was looking good for me.

Her strategy was to Bureaucrat for money, and Mine it into Gold. She spend her Gold on Villages, Smithys, Remodels, and more Gold when she had enough.

Seeing she had some good looking money in her hand, I started buying Thieves and fishing for dollars. When I didn't pull a Thief, I Cellared my hand (including my money) and hoped to pull a thief. I kept my hand small and just went about robbing her. I trashed the coppers but kept the silvers and golds. If I had 3 money I bought Villages while they were available, but after that, I only bought Remodel and Duchys. I was able to steel 4 Gold and Remodel 2 of them into Provinces.

My wife was busy buying Provinces in addition to Remodeling Gold into them.

The game ended when I purchased the eighth Estate. Yes I was BUYING them. I had almost no money in my hand so they were all I could afford. My wife had 4 Provinces to my 2. We both had 3 Duchys. The difference was the Estates and the Curses. I had 2 Curses and 10 Estates. She had 7 Curses and 3 Estates. We freaking tied! Unfortunately, I won the coin toss to go first so I lost the game, but it was fun anyway.

The way she was buying the Provinces, I was certain I was losing. Somehow I made it close and ended up losing in the closest possible way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.