Stu Glennie
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
badge
How Wrin Bu Lai, Whai Wrin Bu Jwo!
mbmbmb
Playing this the other day with the Polar Bear variant, I mentioned the variant someone here posted about putting a killer whale sticker on the bottom of a three fish tile and when you took that one - gulp! - your penguin was food for the killer whale.

One of the people I was playing with has a Mom that owns a School supply store - and can get some really cool dice in - and she sells dice with an Orca where the one should be on a six sided die.

So we came up with this variant:

Get three of the dice with the Orca on them.

Each time one of your penguins "eats" fish (leaves a tile), you roll the dice.

"Eat" one fish, roll one die. "Eat" two fish, roll two dice. "Eat" three fish, roll three dice.

If the Orca shows up, your penguin still collects that tile, but is now lunch for the Orca and is out of the game.

I don't recommend playing this and the Polar Bear variant at the same time!

Let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Games, Great Food, & Great Drink!
Cool beans Stu:

What store is that. Being that I am in Regina, I think I would like to grab some of these as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Glennie
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
badge
How Wrin Bu Lai, Whai Wrin Bu Jwo!
mbmbmb
Hi!

The store is: Home & School Connection.

Its located in the Carling Place Mall on the corner of Albert and 4th (beside the bar).

I'm not sure if she ordered those dice in for just me or if she ordered some for the store as well.

Happy Hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Orca variant was my brainchild, and I love the dice idea. I gotta get me some of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls