Subject: The Clone flare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off let me say this edition is everything I hoped it would be. I dare say
its even better than the original eon.

I should have e-mailed fgg with this suggestion in the first place. Maybe if this
thread gets good response I can e-mail keith and get a revision card in an expansion (I know low chance).

My house rule is to swap the clone flare wild and super powers. Why? the clone wild is just too good to be a wild. It lets you reuse your artefacts. In the orginal eon if the aristocrat and clone were in the game its was over before it began. The aristocrat selects the clone flare and 6 other artefacts including the keeper. He the proceeds to finder every good card from everyone else and plague them to oblivion.

Plus the clone super is way wimpy. I can understand the double consulation getting the clone more good cards to work with but come on if you were the clone wouldn't you rather be able to keep artifacts. Now that is scary.

A better clone wild would be you may keep either your card or your opponents card but your opponent chooses which one you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sislar wrote:
The aristocrat selects the clone flare and 6 other artefacts including the keeper. He the proceeds to finder every good card from everyone else and plague them to oblivion.

Ouch! I didn't use flares a lot during the Eon days, so I never really saw this play, but... ouch!

In FFG rules, however, you can only use a particular Flare once per turn, so it won't be that bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
Sislar wrote:
A better clone wild would be you may keep either your card or your opponents card but your opponent chooses which one you get.

That's not better ... it's actually worse that Clone's basic power, where the Clone player at least controls what card he will get back. Once you let the opponent choose, though, Clone is going to be getting a lot of 6s and 8s back; a smart Clone player would never bother to use the flare at all.

Of course its worse then the clone basic power, That is often what a wild flare is a watered down version of the main power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.