Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Slovak flag...proud 7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish
mbmbmbmbmb
I was driving down the street and noticed a store that said "Games" on the window and saw Settlers in the window, so stopped by.

The store, Wizard's Keep, carries a small selection of Euros-- lots of Fantasy Flight titles-- lots of Munchkin and other CCG stuff, plus video games.

I talked to the cashier who seemed friendly (when I picked up the Puerto Rico box to see how much it was, he said "unfortunately, the back of the box doesn't tell you much about it-- because it's in German") .

They play games every Tuesday at 4pm, so I'll probably stop by sometime. And, if it's not overrun by college students, keep going back (nothing against college students, but after teaching them all day, hanging out with them is not one of my top priorities).

The games looked to be mostly MSRP, so I hope they have sales/special offers occasionally!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sergeant
United States
Burlington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I have an FLGS!
Don't be surprised if they don't often have things on sale. Small stores can barely afford to stay in business at MSRP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you've already converted a friend. Now, here's a golden opportunity to be a gaming ambassador to your area. That shop and it's gaming night is a great opportunity to share some titles you enjoy that the storekeeper may not be aware of. If others enjoy your demo, they might be able to order them there in the store, improving the store's stock and reputation.

Good luck to Wizard's Keep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Banker
United States
Sandusky
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in Muncie for business most of November and December and stopped at the store a few times. I was able to go to the Tuesday night gaming once (4pm-7pm is kind of early) and there were seven of us there.

There are some older FF games on sale for Christmas (Beowulf: The Legend for $15, The Hobbit for $10, and a few others). Some games were cheaper than I have seen in my FLGS travels including Attack! and Bootleggers for $25 each if I remember correctly.

If I make it down to Muncie again I will stop in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
(nothing against college students, but after teaching them all day, hanging out with them is not one of my top priorities)

This is why I have not aggressively recruited players from my classes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Levi, what was it like? Was there a wide age range of gamers? Any women? What did you play?

Just curious...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
Quote:
(nothing against college students, but after teaching them all day, hanging out with them is not one of my top priorities)

This is why I have not aggressively recruited players from my classes.

I've been the faculty adviser for a college gaming group since 2003. It has worked out well, with me getting to play some games at least once a week and attend a gaming convention with them (and getting my own room comped by the college). It has been fun introducing them to old games and new, and watching them mature by the time of graduation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you only 6-8 years older than your students? I just don't like being mistaken for them because I look so young...

It would be nice to see them mature throughout college, though-- there's a few intelligent ones with whom I wouldn't mind socializing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
historysteph wrote:
Are you only 6-8 years older than your students? I just don't like being mistaken for them because I look so young...

Yeah, I've had that problem until this year--my hair is finally graying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever I think of Muncie and a game store, I can't help but think of KODT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Banker
United States
Sandusky
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are about 15-20 games in the back room they can play but many could last 3+ hours. One of the others brought RoboRally for our first game. Two of us had played this before but it ended up being fair with the abilities that were drawn. With about an hour left to play we ended the night with Bang! The Sheriff was unstoppable and I didn't make it out of the second round. I knew they were planning on RoboRally so I did not bring a game to play. They seemed to be open to try anything. As for age, there were 3 of us out of college and I think most were regulars. There were no females at this session but I don't know if that is normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.