Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game last night and what a blast we had! I looked over the rules today, but couldn't find the answer for this situation that came up in our game last night. Near the end of the first run through of the event deck a 'crushed' time event came up. Before the event was resolved the deck ran out on the next turn. After the reshuffle the same event came out again. We just put another time marker (further out on the time track) to remind us we had to repair the engine again. Was this right? Or, because the event was already in play should we have ignored the card and drew another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be one of those situations not covered in the rules but open to interpretation. I'ld guess that you have to fix it twice. Anybody else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've only got one engine, so you can't repair it twice.

The event is already active, you ignore it. Don't redraw.

Same as if you have to flood a room and it's already flooded etc. A little good luck for once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
You've only got one engine, so you can't repair it twice.

The event is already active, you ignore it. Don't redraw.

Same as if you have to flood a room and it's already flooded etc. A little good luck for once.

This is in accordance with the official stance on this by the designer, posted in this thread

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/356713

Basically you ignore the 2nd one or remove both tokens with one fix, same difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! Your timely responses are much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Destruction Token at 0m ???
I posted this in another thread, without response, let's see if I'm luckier here...

From the rules:
Quote:
If the space where the marker should be placed would be beyond the "Rescued!" space, the Destruction token is not placed and the disaster is avoided - hurray!
If all players’ Time Keepers pass a Destruction token on the Time Track, the game ends immediately and is lost.

Yesterday it happened: one event at 10m triggered a +10 destruction token (missile countdown, I think)...

So according to the rules, you have to place the destruction token at 0m, but even if you don't fix it no one is going to pass the token. It was a 4-player game, with only 3 gnomes surviving the last 10m, and there was no way to go and fix the missile countdown (room flooded surrounded by rooms on fire and blocked hatches).

The 3 gnomes reached 0m, the events didn't destroy the sub, though the missile countdown was still there (without timers going beyond)... I thought we won, but I'm not 100% sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
franchi wrote:
The 3 gnomes reached 0m, the events didn't destroy the sub, though the missile countdown was still there (without timers going beyond)... I thought we won, but I'm not 100% sure...

Ooh, that sounds like a double loss: the rescue vessel reaches you guys just as the missile detonates, vaporizing you and the rescue vessel. So, you lose this time, and you automatically lose next time too, as no one shows up to rescue you.

(Disclaimer: I've never read the rules & don't even own the game, although I am hoping Santa will correct that in a few days. I've been very good this year! At least, very good relative to a couple of years ago, when I used an aqualung to abandon my friends on a burning, flooding sub, and they all died. And relative to last year, too, when I blew all the money from the novel & the screenplay on flashy cars & exotic boardgames instead of sharing it with my dead friends' families.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.