Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Nomikos
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just eliminate the Gunners and the Siege option during battles. That's all.

It results in a simpler game, fast moving, cutthroat, and adds strategy to my opinion with sacrificing anything.

Try it!

This is a great game!!!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. That would make Ile de France much harder for the French to hold, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nomikos
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all the level III areas (Ile de France, England, etc) are not that easy to hold any more (well, see next paragraph). The sequence of Impulses become even more strategic. Also, it adds more to the dilemma: do I expand slowly (because there are no sieges anymore and I am more "vulnerable"), or do I go blitzkrieg because my leaders probably will die of age soon (and now it is "easier" to get a hold of important II and III areas)?

By the way, nothing is easier or more vulnerable with this modification, because the opponent knows and plans accordingly.

I played again one more time with no Gunners and no Sieges. The game rocks and it is simpler!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, more battles will add lots of time. Also, you can negate control by simply outnumbering the area defense. Also, deciding castles are irrelevant is....not allowed.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.