Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorenzo Carnevale
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just as suggested in the topic.
There are enough decisions to make even without having to ponder about Action Cards. I think I'll start playing with my brother with 3 or 4 fixed AP per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the action cards are more annoying that strategic. There is the issue of needing to do something and being one action short.

How about this. You get 3 Actions a turn. You also can use the turn cards for +1 action. You can only use one per turn. So 4 times during the game you can get 4 actions instead of 3.

If you try it let me know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 AP + 4(+1)s per game...I like that.
I'm gonna try that.
I guess they only thing is doesn't the AP rules even out the first player's advantage? maybe. Maybe second player gets +1 AP off the first turn?

Headed for 3 week holidays soon and DT will be played ALOT.
(last year it was Mr. Jack).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Using 3 AP would make the game slower (more restricted?) as now you have 2,3,4,5 which averages to 3.5 actions a turn. So, a choice could be to go to 4 AP per turn which would then be higher than now.

Another option would be to take out the 2 and 5 and just use the 3 and 4, although it feels a bit silly to pick from 2 cards every other turn.

I don't mind the cards, but I agree that I usually (and my son always) just picks the highest left (after the beginning of the game special rules of course) each turn. And the two action really stinks. I could see taking it out and making it 3,4,5 with an average of 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.