Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Unhappy King Charles!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sir John Meldrum at Newark rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on the card does not seem to relate to that on Page 12 of the rulebook. Should the rulebook say 'Class 0 Fortress' (i.e. Local Notable, same as on the card)?

Can the card be used to obtain a Bombardment to contribute to a regular Siege? Else since you are trying to total '4' with a single die roll with a minus 2 modifier, the card just becomes 'Roll 6 to remove a Royalist Local Notable'.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
The text on the card does not seem to relate to that on Page 12 of the rulebook. Should the rulebook say 'Class 0 Fortress' (i.e. Local Notable, same as on the card)?

Can the card be used to obtain a Bombardment to contribute to a regular Siege? Else since you are trying to total '4' with a single die roll with a minus 2 modifier, the card just becomes 'Roll 6 to remove a Royalist Local Notable'.





I am not sure why the text has diverged there, I'll have to look at the history files. At present use the card text.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
The text on the card does not seem to relate to that on Page 12 of the rulebook. Should the rulebook say 'Class 0 Fortress' (i.e. Local Notable, same as on the card)?

Can the card be used to obtain a Bombardment to contribute to a regular Siege? Else since you are trying to total '4' with a single die roll with a minus 2 modifier, the card just becomes 'Roll 6 to remove a Royalist Local Notable'.


As Charles says, use the card text. Yes, the Bombardment can contribute to a normal siege. If there is no siege marker in the area, the Bombardment value is lost per 14.3.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi Perttila
Finland
lahti
hame
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1.A
but can you use card still as one shotter?..
lets try if I roll 6 and local noble falls instantly?

1.B
or in case of level 1 fortress 4+ roll is enough to conquer.

6.6
"SIR JOHN MELDRUM AT NEWARK
This card may be played against an unoccupied Class 1 Fortress even though no Besieging Army is in place."

2.A
14.3 say : if besieging army loose siege marker..bombardment value is lost instantly. But do you need siege marker to get bombardment values?
Yes if you use ops to bombard..but if using ": Sir John Meldrum at Newark" you then just put bombardment value there....and no siege marker removed so bombardment value stay?

2.B if above is possible..how is bombardment value removed? when some army come and put siege..which is later on game removed?

3.A
all above is just robbish....think SIR JOHN MELDRUM AT NEWARK card as ops card which activate any army with siege marker to make only bombard action.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
redbirdie wrote:

1.A
but can you use card still as one shotter?..
lets try if I roll 6 and local noble falls instantly?


Yes, you can do that.

redbirdie wrote:
1.B
or in case of level 1 fortress 4+ roll is enough to conquer.


redbirdie wrote:
2.A
14.3 say : if besieging army loose siege marker..bombardment value is lost instantly. But do you need siege marker to get bombardment values?
Yes if you use ops to bombard..but if using ": Sir John Meldrum at Newark" you then just put bombardment value there....and no siege marker removed so bombardment value stay?

2.B if above is possible..how is bombardment value removed? when some army come and put siege..which is later on game removed?


If there is no besieging Army, the Bombardment points are lost right away.

redbirdie wrote:
3.A
all above is just robbish....think SIR JOHN MELDRUM AT NEWARK card as ops card which activate any army with siege marker to make only bombard action.


No, your first part is correct, the Sir John card can be used for a one-shot attempt at a Fortress. If there is no Besieging Army to catch the points, though, they're lost.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.