Descent: The Tomb of Ice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spirit Walker vs. Swallow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Young
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
We had a situation last night that caused a long arguement.

We had a player that had the Spirit Walker ability (can cast magic through another player within 10 spaces, etc).

We also were in a game with dragons that could swallow a person.

Here's our question: If Player A gets swallowed, and Player B has Spirit Walker, can Player B cast his/her magic through Player A?

The rules say the other player must be withing 10 spaces (and the dragon was), but the swallow rule says that the stomach is off board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Strube
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can't attack through a swallowed hero. The rules state the stomach tile isn't adjacent to any other tile. Since it's not adjacent to anything, I'd say it can't very well be within 10 spaces of anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
das_horstl wrote:
I think you can't attack through a swallowed hero. The rules state the stomach tile isn't adjacent to any other tile. Since it's not adjacent to anything, I'd say it can't very well be within 10 spaces of anything.

Not much to add to that, apart from the emphasis, it's not possible to trace a line or even a curve without adjacency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Glidden
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The stomach is inside the Wyrm, which may or may not be within 10 spaces of the Spiritwalker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another thread about the same topic:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/365572

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwsparks
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
When the bullet hits the bone!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmglidden wrote:
The stomach is inside the Wyrm, which may or may not be within 10 spaces of the Spiritwalker.

The stomach tile (where the hero is located) is considered off the board. For this argument, we don't care where the Wyrm is located.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.