Subject: Searching Players for Played Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Schuette
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All! I have recently started to use some more of the features of BGG (and made a donation to support just that). I think all of the things you can add to a game "Play" is awesome. Comments, teams, starting position, players, win, new, etc.

But I was wondering: Is there any way to get a search function for the Player list like there is for the "Location Played". This would save a lot of time I spend typing in names. Is this there and I am missing it?

Second question: Is all the information I enter in the Plays box aggregated anywhere? Like can I see who I have played the most games with, or win ratios for people for a particular game, a list of people I have played a particular game with, etc?

Thanks!
David (DtTall)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schuette
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mods, Any word on this or is this the wrong place to be asking this question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a searchfunction for Usernames, but it doesn't work for me. Don't know if that's just me or everyone.

Second question: no. It was on the todo-list. Had the same question myself: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/360274

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schuette
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, usernames work for me, but I wanted Player Names (for people not on BGG.com)

I really hope BGG uses some of the donation money to work on that data crunching. Perhaps it is too niche to be work it, but if I can't crunch the data, why spend all the time to enter it in?

Thanks BaSL for responding and I hope we can get this in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But why don't usernames work for me? They don't on IE or Chrome. Is it my browser or something else?

At some point it'll probably be implemented, but it's most likely a lot of work. Maybe after RPGGeek is up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:
But why don't usernames work for me? They don't on IE or Chrome. Is it my browser or something else?

Bas have you tried searching twice?

I have found if I use the generic search and change it to "Users" and key in a user name and then click Go I quite often get nothing, but do get a different user search screen where there are three input fields, Username, First Name and Last Name. Keying in stuff there works.

Of course when I just tested it now my initial search worked fine shake

I am doing the search from Firefox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I mean the search function in Record a Play. This one:

Does nothing but "Loading...". The Location one does work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:
No, I mean the search function in Record a Play. This one:

Does nothing but "Loading...". The Location one does work.

That one does nothing for me either using Firefox 3.0.4. I swear it used to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah that one. I don't remember that one ever working for me. I gave up adding players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never even noticed that. It's pretty useless. I rarely play with a BGGer, and if I do, I'll either type in their name or skip it (if I don't know their ID). But the first box (actual player name) needs a select-from list like the location.

I start having trouble remembering if I first used "John" or "John M" when entering games with particular players. How am I to keep it all proper if there is no way to pick from a list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.