United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HI!
The usual Q...

I have the Elfinworks (?) edition of Kingsburg.
Are there any differences between what I have and FFG's release?
Will this expansion (a must-buy, for me) be fully compatible with Elfin-?

Thanks in adavnce for any help here!
I am eagerly anticipating this add-on...looks interesting from its description.

J!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any way it could be incompatible, there's nothing hidden. There's no deck of cards that the new ones have to fit into, etc.

Even if the new boards are so far off that they're a different size and colour, all you do with them is lay them on the table in front of you when the game starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yes, it'll be fully compatible (since Elfin- and FFG editions are identical, apart the corrected typo in the rulebook about "only one +2 token per season per player").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how do the new characters work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
how do the new characters work?

(from previous threads here on BGG...)

Every player gets one of them (chosen within the three randomly dealt to him in the setup) and enjoys his/her power for the whole game (may be points, resources, small rule-bending, triggering upon actions of the opponents, etc.).

There's an alternative way for those who will think some characters are stronger than others and prefer thier games not affected by luck-of-the-initial-deal (auction N+1 characters, all known since the first auction, bidding with VPs; N = number of players, the remaining one is discarded).

A partial spoiler list is here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/370066 (do not read if you prefer to discover them when you'll play!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.