United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sigh.

This reminds me of when I was 5 and my mother made me dress up for Sunday School. And not just any Sunday School.... I'm talking West Texas Lutheran Sunday School with a Fire & Brimstone preacher who could produce actual flames from his mouth. And me, having to wear a little clip-on bow tie and an itchy white shirt and pants that felt like they were made from cardboard.

That's how wearing this new avatar feels. Thanks to too_close for ruining my reputation on BGG.

But I'm only gonna wear it till New Years... then I'll pick one of the other, better, entries and proudly display the new DW avatar. Maybe even change avatars from time to time. But for now I have to send a shitty game to Diane's worser half.

And you guys get to pick.

Since the Trippinator was unavailable to help me with doing this in a poll (He said something about handcuffs, a high speed chase and a van full of contraband Platypus testicles) I'll do this the old fashioned way. The games I have selected are:

Monkeys on the Moon

VS System - Batman vs Joker

Towers in Time CCG

Rocketmen CSG

The Simpsons CCG

Dragon War

One of the games is actually fairly highly rated, but personally I'd never be caught dead playing it. One is middle-of-the-road rated and the rest are in the cellar. I'd like to see the designer get the crappiest of them all, but you get to choose.

If you'll wait until I add each of the games as an image post and then thumb the one you'd like to see this horrible person receive then I can wrap this up long about Christmas Eve and send him his new abomination before New Year's Eve.

And yes, the winner gets the 25GG too... and if I have any left I'll give some to the creators of whatever avatar I use after I shed this atrocity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Brand new, the cards still sealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

5 unopened packs of this hugely successful constructible strategy game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

One sealed 2-player starter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Unplayed, cards in shrink wrap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

One sealed booster box of this POS. Not sure if there are rules inside. Don't care either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

The starters pictured. Both sealed. Sure to be hours of fun for the semi-intelligent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
That's how wearing this new avatar feels. Thanks to too_close for ruining my reputation on BGG.

Uhm, in order for it to be "ruined", don't you have to have a good reputation first?!

DWTripp wrote:
But for now I have to send a shitty game to Diane's worser half.

Oh, uh, considering you are unemployed and all, allow me to be totally selfless and magnanimous (yeah, that's it!) and say that you shouldn't feel the need to actually ship any of those shi... crap... uhm, "wonderful", uh, "games" to us. Yeah, that's the ticket, save your money and spend it on yourself! I think you'll need a least one more drink if you're really going to keep that Avatar until January!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Oh, uh, considering you are unemployed and all, allow me to be totally selfless and magnanimous (yeah, that's it!) and say that you shouldn't feel the need to actually ship any of those shi... crap... uhm, "wonderful", uh, "games" to us. Yeah, that's the ticket, save your money and spend it on yourself! I think you'll need a least one more drink if you're really going to keep that Avatar until January!

No way Diane... you guys are getting the game. As far as the expense, being unemployed doesn't mean being broke. Trust me, I can afford to ship a game, even to a foreign country like Minnesota.

Truthfully, I do kind of like the avatar and I'm no fan of animated avatars... but it has this eerie, mesmerizing quality to it... I can't quite explain it... but, well, dig it... it's hip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So, are you people gonna vote? Or what?

Looks like Paul might be getting the best of the lot.... of course I haven't voted yet. Nor has Paul. Nor had Diane. I see thumbs from a number of you but no votes.

I was rooting for the Towers in Time CCG, but I guess I can use it for kindling if he doesn't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
So, are you people gonna vote? Or what?

They've been mesmerized into inaction by your awesome new Avatar.

DWTripp wrote:
...of course I haven't voted yet. Nor has Paul. Nor had Diane.

Hey this isn't Chicago! Paul and I don't want to "influence" the voting. Your Avatar is doing enough of that already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

... Yes Master Tripp... we are not worthy!!! Please instruct us now as to how we must vote...

... vote with my GeekGold in your account... that sounds reasonable... thy will be done...

... send you a bacon wrapped blonde? Of course Master Tripp... makes perfect sense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeys on the Moon is a fun game! A good prize for making such a crappy avatar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Finally... Towers in Time got a vote. I was worried I was going to have to order a recount and then cast my Uber-Vote to swing the election the way I want.

Frankly, I don't put much stock in Monkeys on the Moon being any good, most of the ratings I saw come from people who tend to obsess over anything branded as a Euro. The little constructible space ship game might be the diamond in the rough here.

But I feel burdened by Towers in Time... so vote for that one people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Finally... Towers in Time got a vote.

Yeah, Rappak , I'm takin' names! angry

DWTripp wrote:
I was worried I was going to have to order a recount

If it's a "Minnesota-style" recount, then we're sure not to receive the game until 2010, if even then!

DWTripp wrote:
Frankly, I don't put much stock in Monkeys on the Moon being any good,

I own it and have played it and it's a pretty good abstract/pasty-theme. If Paul "wins" this, it will go to Matthew-the-monkey-lover.** The constructable spaceship one would go over well with him too.

DWTripp wrote:
But I feel burdened by Towers in Time... so vote for that one people!

HEY!! NO influencing the vote!! sauron

**As that could apply to a number of people, to clarify, I mean 10 year old neighbor kid Matthew, not BGG Admin Matthew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
HA!

You voted Diane! I can see your sneaky plan already. But I have an even evil-er plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
HA! You voted Diane!

What?!! My thumb slipped! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it, you evil mastermind of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.