Subject: Do I Shuffle the Cards for All Ages Together? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I have separated the cards by the color of their back, do I just shuffle the entire stack together? I now have the whole set and I want to know if I should make one big stack of the different types of decks or do I keep them separated by age? I know the challenges are by age, but what about the others?

When it says to deal or draw one, do I just randomly pick them out of the shuffled deck then?

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You shuffle them all together, but since there's so many, you'll need to divide them into a few stacks.

When drawing, pick the top card from one of the stacks, pick from the middle, whatever... I don't think it really matters in a non-tournament game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokelau
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The labyrinth cards should be sorted into their own pile for each age.

The equipment cards are shuffled together into one giganto deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tibbs2 wrote:
The labyrinth cards should be sorted into their own pile for each age.

The equipment cards are shuffled together into one giganto deck.

I agree. Character cards should also be shuffled together into their own "giganto" deck.

Once shuffled, I put the cards in a card box (used for storing collector's cards) and just draw from one end of the box. It's neater than having stacks topple over on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Equipment and characters just go into big stacks (well, as mentioned, several stacks). We actually just discard what's used in a game and don't reshuffle until we run out completely over the course of several games. One, it's annoying to shuffle the hundreds of cards. Two, we want to actually see all the equipment and characters come into play at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.