Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the differences between the Sierra Madre Games (2nd) edition and the Decision Games (3rd edition?) release? Any difference in components (quality or artwork)? Does the Decision Games version have any different rules, or incorporate the 2nd edition errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the first edition is from Sierra Madre Games.
The second edition is a more professional boxed version from Decision Games.

There are no 3rd edition (AFAIK), but Sierra Madre Games have (apparently) made a a revised set of rules to the Decision Games edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sierra Madre Games website currently sells "2nd edition". Is this just leftover stock from Decision Games, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaryP wrote:
The Sierra Madre Games website currently sells "2nd edition". Is this just leftover stock from Decision Games, then?

Yes. That is the copy I bought from them - and I still haven't seen anything to the 3rd ed. rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Paetz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
The Sierra Madre version is a hex based game while the Decision version is an area movement game. The Sierra Madre version requires a few hours of scissor time to seperate some of the components. The Decision Version is more profesionally done.

With all that I vastly prefer the Sierra Madre version because more options are available and the immersion is greater. It will be next to impossible to find a Sierra Madre version because few were produced.

It would be well worth the trouble in my opinion. It is not an easy game until you have played a few games. I learned from the designer how to play so I had a leg up.

You will never learn more from a game about a subject than this one, although other Sierra Madre games may give it a run for its money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, what is the playtime for the newest decision games version? I've seen this several places for not too high a price and I'm considering picking it up. I don't have a problem with the longer play time, but at this point, I've got a lot of games that would take that time already.

I just think the subject matter is so fascinating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official statement is 4 hours.
I believe my only game so far lasted 6-7 hours - with 6 players and a completely rewritten rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.