Subject: "Defense" and Timing Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'll use the Gluon Mines as my reference card for these questions, so go ahead and pull it out...

got it? ok.

As far as the "defense" question goes, can I use this card's abiility when I'm a defending Ally? The card doesn't say "main player" so I would assume so...

Second, if I am actually the main defending player, upon revealing this, can I move the ships onto the planet I'm defending?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
swingjunkie wrote:
So I'll use the Gluon Mines as my reference card for these questions, so go ahead and pull it out...

got it? ok.

As far as the "defense" question goes, can I use this card's abiility when I'm a defending Ally? The card does say "main player" so I would assume so...

Second, if I am actually the main defending player, upon revealing this, can I move the ships onto the planet I'm defending?

I don't have my copy of the game yet, BUT I'm sure FFG won't disapprove of you typing the verbiage of the card for a clarification. You aren't using it for personal gain.

Ahh, found an image of the GLUON MINES card.

May not use as an ally. Defense refers to the player's whose system is being attacked. (glossary)

I think you misspoke on the "main player" sentence. Nowhere on the card does it say MAIN PLAYER. Although Defense ONLY means the defensive MAIN player. MAIN player by itself would reference EITHER the OFFENSIVE or DEFENSIVE player.

2) Yes.
"To complete a tech card, the player turns the tech card faceup.
If there are a number of ships researching the tech equal to
or greater than the tech card’s research number, the tech is
completed. The player returns the researching ships to any of
his or her colonies."

Assuming the planet attacked IS a colony of yours. (i.e. have ships on planet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am willing to accept part one, and thank you for clarifying that.

In response to my own question and part two, since the book says that you can complete the tech at the start of a regroup phase, would I have to say when I completed it, return the ships at the beginning of my turn, then just remember how many were there? or do cards like this break that rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swingjunkie wrote:
In response to my own question and part two, since the book says that you can complete the tech at the start of a regroup phase, would I have to say when I completed it, return the ships at the beginning of my turn, then just remember how many were there? or do cards like this break that rule?

Based on how this one is worded, you don't reveal it during the Regroup phase.

Also, when you do reveal it, it takes effect immediately and is then discarded, so there is really nothing to remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, but the question is whether I FINISH it at the beginning of my turn and put my ships back then and USE it later? or do I FINISH it when I use it, thus allowing me to surprise the attacker by placing the ships on the card onto my defending world?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.