Devon Weller
United States
Fairview
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules say:

Quote:
When coming out of a corner the car may not change lane, but must stay in the same lane. ...if the car is blocked by another car, he cannot drive round it and has to brake.

What, exactly does this mean? If I have already stopped early in a 1 corner and stop again in that corner, would I still be coming out of the corner on both my second and third turn in the corner?

Also, does this only apply to the space right at the end of the corner? So, if I roll a 20 starting on the last space in a corner, do I have to stay in the same lane for all 20 spaces?

And what if I overshoot the corner? Am I still considered to be coming out of the corner on my next turn?

Basically, I don't understand this rule at all and the instructions give no examples. Can anyone help explain it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This only comes into affect if you overshoot the corner. If you do your required number of stops you may change lanes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Weller
United States
Fairview
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh. That makes so much more sense than what we were trying to do! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Kilsyth
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the rule is...

But lets define some things first.

Coming out of a corner:
I think this means when you move your car from the corner space to the next space that is not 'in the corner', and hence is part of the straight.

When in a corner you need to follow the arrows that allow you to move between lanes. When moving from the corner to the straight you still need to follow the corner directional arrows in each corner space.

If the space that you want to move into from a corner space is taken you can not just move around that car or obstacle and must brake or crash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.