7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Pirate King at Winners in Canada for a GREAT LOW price rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
designer
publisher
BGG facilitates the illegal sale of unauthorized copies of games. Due to BGG refusal to prevent such illeagal activities, FlasterVenture will not interact or participate with BGG If you need help or have question please go to www.boardgaming.com
badge
BGG facilitates the illegal sale of unauthorized copies of games. Due to BGG refusal to prevent such illeagal activities, FlasterVenture will not interact or participate with BGG If you need help or have question please go to www.boardgaming.com
Ahoy last minute shoppers in Canada. Pirate King is available at Winners for an exclusive Canada only holiday special low price.

Check out the website below for a location near you.

http://www.winners.ca/en/locator.asp

Winners is selling the authentic 2nd edition. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Wonderful!

I don't understand why you don't tell us what that "GREAT LOW price" is, though. . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Dorrance
Canada
BRAMPTON
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to the Georgetown, ON Winners, and the Brampton Shoppers World Winners - and neither has this, and the staff don't know what I'm talking about. But, being Winners that isn't surprising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I happened to be at 3 different Winners this past week. Nothing but junk in all of them and I never saw this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
To answer Kris's question: I believe they are marking them as $19.99 but I am not sure if that is in US or Canadian dollars. But either way it is a good deal.

I am surprised that some of you are having trouble finding them. I have heard from other BGG users that they were able to find Pirate King at Winners. Maybe they are just sold out at those locations. I would suggest you call ahead. That is why I put their link in this thread.

If they do sell out that is not a bad thing. Hopefully that will mean they will reorder and they will have more stock soon. I will keep you updated once I hear from them.arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott P
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the Winners here in Saint John, New Brunswick (I'm home at the parents' place for the holidays) and had no luck locating it either. Too bad, as there isn't much else to buy down around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Dorrance
Canada
BRAMPTON
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flaster Siskin wrote:
... I would suggest you call ahead. That is why I put their link in this thread...

Tried that, I called one of the stores in Mississauga - they have no idea about what they have or don't have.

Winners is sort of a liquidator, or surplus stock dumping ground. The toy corners in the stores I've been to, are always a mess, with open boxes, some empty, and many with stuff missing - it is rare to find something in the toy department that is still in shrink. - This is because Winners is primarily known as a Woman's clothing store. Mothers come in with their kids in tow, and let their precious snowflakes browse, (read play in) unsupervised, the toy section, while they look for clothes for themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.