Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as I got home from work, my youngest daughter asked me if we could play Fearsome Floors. I told her we would play tonight. So at around 7:30 she shows up in the living room all dressed up like a monster, ready to play. (The rules state that whoever looks most like the monster makes the first move.) After both of my daughters had a hand in creating a mixed-up monster (Frankenstein's arm, alien head, the blob's feet, etc...) we were off and running.

My youngest daughter played the yellow pieces (because she likes the dog), my oldest daughter played with the green pieces (because she likes the Addams Family theme) and I played the red ones. After several rounds, I had successfully managed to get three of my red characters very close to the door, moving them all through the blood stains on the floor. My youngest the says to my oldest, "Dad's going to win! We can't let him do that!"

So they then agree to do whatever they must to make sure that I didn't get three pieces out the door.

They then start working together, sacrificing their pieces to get the monster to "eat" mine. I still got two pieces out the door (the 2 guys), but was 2 spaces short for the third. The girls got their wish when the one cross card was flipped over, enabling the monster to have a quick snack of my raven haired 3-4 piece.

But I still had the blond 1-6 piece. So then the girls turned their attention to that one. Since I had already had two pieces off the board and one that was devoured by the monster, I had to move my only remaining piece before they had to move all of theirs. They were able to steer the monster in any direction they chose. So I had no chance.

My oldest daughter was able to get one of her pieces out the door right at the end of the second stage of the game. The rules state that any pieces still on the board at the end of the second stage are then considered eaten.

Final score:

Red-2
Green-1
Yellow-0

And I must say...it was probably the most fun game of Fearsome Floors I have ever played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy B
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just plain weird. I played this same game on Sunday against my 3 year old (Ella - almost took the yellow pieces with the dog but instead went with the teen girls) and my 6 year old (Olivia - took the Adams Family pieces), both girls. I took the punks because they're the toughest. The oldest won and youngest came in last.

It was great fun scaring them with monster noises as he sniffed around looking for their pieces. Of course the blood, board and monster pieces were very carefully studied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.