United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering if there are any games that cover this intense battle with this level of detail. Covering the whole battle is what I am looking for. Ugly graphics and high rules complexity are perfectly acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would make a good Geeklist.

Start a Geeklist and I'll add a couple games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Siege of Jerusalem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turning Point: Stalingrad?

Might not be dense enough or with enough complexity though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill J
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
There are a couple of ASL modules (squad level) that weigh in on this subject...

Red Barricades: ASL Historical Module 1 does not cover the entire city, but it covers an important part of Stalingrad around the Dzershinsky Tractor Works. Very intense stuff here as planning as to which equipement and units are going to available for the next day of combat....

Moreover, there is a new module called Valor of the Guards: ASL Historical Module Number 7 which also covers the fighting around the department store and works at the same squad level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
How about City Fight by SPI? Its a modern era game though....takes place during WW3 in Europe. I don't have it but it may be what you are looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
SPI also published John Hill's Battle for Stalingrad, which is a contemporary design to the original Phoenix Games' Streets of Stalingrad.

Plus, most WWII Tactical games will have several scenarios devoted to the Stalingrad campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeatPosse wrote:
I am wondering if there are any games that cover this intense battle with this level of detail. Covering the whole battle is what I am looking for. Ugly graphics and high rules complexity are perfectly acceptable.

Cityfight: Modern Combat in the Urban Environment has both ugly graphics and high rules complexity. Actually, the maps are good, the counters ok.

Berlin '85: The Enemy at the Gates is a lot simpler, but you might be put off by the map...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Moore
United States
KC area
Missouri
flag msg tools
Less talking about games and more playing games.
badge
Print-n-Play Wargames and Miniatures Rules www.wargamedownloads.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortress Berlin

Into a Bear Trap: The Battle for Grozny, January 1995

Manila '45

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tyson
United States
Landing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only issue that I have with Cityfight is that it is a double-blind wargame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Berlin: Red Victory by Critical Hit. It's not Stalingrad, but its Russians vs. Germans in an dense urban area.

Either the ASL module A Bridge too Far (rather tough to find at a decent price) or Critical Hit's Advanced Tobruk System Arnhem game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
milgate wrote:
Berlin: Red Victory by Critical Hit. It's not Stalingrad, but its Russians vs. Germans in an dense urban area.

Either the ASL module A Bridge too Far (rather tough to find at a decent price) or Critical Hit's Advanced Tobruk System Arnhem game.

Don't forget the recent third edition release of ATS Stalingrad: Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works 1942 by Critical Hit, the map has oversized hexes and additional scenarios. I personally love this game and find it great for urban style combat.

Edit: You can currently get a copy of ATS Stalingrad: Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works 1942 from Critical Hit's website. I've been on backorder to get a copy of Berlin: Red Victory from Critical Hit for half of this year and can't find anyone with a copy for sale here or on eBay. I hope they will reprint soon as I really want to try this one out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Connor
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillJ1967 wrote:
There are a couple of ASL modules (squad level) that weigh in on this subject...

Red Barricades: ASL Historical Module 1 does not cover the entire city, but it covers an important part of Stalingrad around the Dzershinsky Tractor Works. Very intense stuff here as planning as to which equipement and units are going to available for the next day of combat....

Moreover, there is a new module called Valor of the Guards: ASL Historical Module Number 7 which also covers the fighting around the department store and works at the same squad level.

Also for ASL: Into The Rubble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D T P
United States
Pikeville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Berlin '85: The Enemy at the Gates is a very urban type of wargame. It even has counters to 'rubblize' the city with. I bit dated now, but quite the game when it first came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Darden
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeatPosse wrote:
Ugly graphics and high rules complexity are perfectly acceptable.

Spoken like a man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tiger tiger
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
devil's cauldron?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Siler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of these look good but I gotta go with what's attainable to start with. MMP's Storm over Stalingrad looks like something that it'd be easy to play with enough time.

That 1985 Berlin game also looks very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Storm Over Stalingrad but I don't think it fits the heavy urban feel criteria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.