Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
-Finally I got the card I was waiting for: "You are a Cylon", prior to play. A new experience.

5 players.

I started slow by throwing in a lot of small cards in the skill check if there was a chance to fail. If it was a certain pass I wasted my high cards. Soon I could say - "Sorry, but I can`t help. Empty hand"

I decided to play havoc at 4 jumps, but a golden opportunity came up at 3 jumps. I could not miss this one.

We all put in cards in a skill check. I added one negative to make my friends nervous. Counting cards there were two blue negative engineering cards (Probably from Destiny deck).

"HA! - Tyrol is a Cylon!" - I shouted - "He is the only guy with blue cards!"

He argued about the single negative Tactic card - but I managed to split the humans. Most of them did not know what to believe.

In my turn I put him in the Brig. A lot of discussion and the humans waisted turns and cards to accuse each other and tried to brig or free fellow players.

It all ended up with 3 players in the Brig - including me. So funny to see my friends ruin their chance to win the game!

Still in Brig I experienced one of my best gaming moments in my life. I got a Executive Order card. My friends discussed the situation and concluded they needed to free a human if they wanted to win. I agreed.

In my turn I played the Executive card to one of the two still flying the ship.

-"OK- We need more humans to do some work. Here is the deal. You pick one of the guys you trust and we all coop to set him free."

Nice. They swallowed the bait, tackle and the fishrod for the second time in this wonderful game.

One guy was selected to be free. I put a single card in the Skill check - "Sorry - just one card allowed for us in prison, but it is rather high. No doubt we will get you out"

(Yes - high value, but a negative). Fortunately Destiny cards was also negative.

Prison release failed, and hell broke loose. Coop disintergrated. Now it was not a game of rolling a die or pushing pieces. It turned into a game of finger pointing and accusing. A game of trying to hide my tears and grabbing jellybeans and peanuts to strangle laughter. The poor guy with my Executive card ended up as a victim.

Soon after I revealed myself. Amusing to see that the other Cylon was not in the Brig! Really a human f**ck up!

Being a revealed Cylon is not as strong as doing damage under cover. The humans did a remarkable recover, but failed at end of course. Anything else would be unfair.

OMG! I want to be a Cylon again!!! Please!!
cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's me, the fabulous
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done, my toaster friend. Beep boop beep boop beep (that's Cylon for "I enjoyed your story").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Jones
Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your tale sums up everything that interests me about this game, even if I have yet to experience it myself.

Good job, oh fearless, uni-eyed (mis)leader!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
have been a cylon 5 out of my last 6 games (have won 4 of them). for awhile I thought that humans won all the 3 or 4 player games, and the cylons the 5 or 6 player games, but it has evened out with more play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played once as a Cylon (from the get go) and once as a human throughout. Both great fun!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Baumbach
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daveboy wrote:
Nicely done, my toaster friend. Beep boop beep boop beep (that's Cylon for "I enjoyed your story").

WE PREFER, "The final annihilation of the lifeform known as Man. Let the attack begin."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendy Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too enjoyed being the evil, evil Cylon. In a 6 player game I was the President. I got called out early by another player who had the opportunity to look at my loyalty card. The silly humans weren't buying it so early in the game. However, it was not long after that I was thrown in the brig and a new President was installed. I decided to work with it. I revealed and blew up Colonial One. The poor humans had no chance when the sleeper phase worked in my favor and the President turned Cylon.
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer playing as a human, but I must have played the game about 7 or 8 times now and I've been a cylon in all but two of the games! I'm always cylon suspect number one now (and ironically the only game where I got brigged I was a human!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sweeney

Sanford
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maya Girl wrote:
I too enjoyed being the evil, evil Cylon. In a 6 player game I was the President. I got called out early by another player who had the opportunity to look at my loyalty card. The silly humans weren't buying it so early in the game. However, it was not long after that I was thrown in the brig and a new President was installed. I decided to work with it. I revealed and blew up Colonial One. The poor humans had no chance when the sleeper phase worked in my favor and the President turned Cylon.
:devil:

You don't automatically lose the Presidency just because you get thrown in the brig. You can stay in jail and draw Quorum cards, play Quorum cards, and totally drive the screws in, until someone beats you in an election. You can also play Consolidate Power to pull Tactics Cards (say you're saving up to get out of the Brig or help with Crises, but really to defeat elections)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that it's generally best not to make a big deal out of putting people in the brig, unless you are absolutely sure they are a cylon (and in that case, just use an Arrest Order. Way more efficient than trying to pass the skill check.

By the same train of thought, I wouldn't go to great lengths to get someone out of the brig either, unless I was sure they were human (and again, I'd prefer using the quorem card to do it).

Frankly, throwing someone into the brig because you think there's a CHANCE they are a cylon just seems like an aweful waste of skill cards. And if you can't get most of the other players to agree, don't even bother trying. Everyone is going to waste so many cards trying to pass or fail checks because they can't agree on who should be in the brig and who shouldn't be. If you can't agree, then just leave everyone where they are and focus on those crises! This is the easiest mistake for humans to make :-)

Skill cards a precious commodity, don't waste a bunch of them trying to pass or fail a skill check for the brig unless you feel VERY strongly about the outcome. If you don't feel strongly, just save your cards even if you prefer one outcome to the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game ~10 times, and only been a Cylon once. The humans were on the verge of victory: 6 distance travelled, about to autojump, not in the red on any resource...and then the revealed Cylon gave me her other loyalty card, and made me a Cylon. DARN IT. Stole a well-earned victory from me. I've never gotten to enjoy a proper Cylon experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.