BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Trying to remember name of game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Anderson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm trying to figure out the name of a game I used to play as a little kid. The game would have been from the 60s or very early 70s, as I was playing it around 1973 or 1974.

It was a game, that by today's standards, wouldn't be politcally correct! As I recall, it was a board game where the objective was to steal gems from different stores. It had these cool looking gems, and as a player, you had to have certain tools in order to get into the buildings or stores to get them. I just remember that you had to have the right tools for each "job".

I have searched hi and low for this game, using keywords like burglary, gems, theft, heist, etc., and I still can't seem to find it. It is going to drive me crazy if I don't figure it out, so I'm hoping someone here will remember the name! (Then I'll head off to E-bay and see if I can find it.)

Thanks in advance for helping!

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Caper to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSV Burns
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indygamer wrote:
Sounds like Caper to me.

Wow, it took over an hour for someone to pipe in with the right answer. BGG must be off its game this close to the holidays or something.

Usually these mysteries get solved in under 20 min.

One of these days I'm going to both know the answer AND be the first to chime in. But not today. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
THANKS... now I may begin the big hunt and try and find a copy of the game in mint condition.

Thanks,
Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marqos wrote:
Indygamer wrote:
Sounds like Caper to me.

Wow, it took over an hour for someone to pipe in with the right answer. BGG must be off its game this close to the holidays or something.

Usually these mysteries get solved in under 20 min.

One of these days I'm going to both know the answer AND be the first to chime in. But not today. cool

I was very suprised to find one that had not been answered and one that I could assist with an answer. My first one ever. It made my day!

I wonder if the length of time it took to solve had anything to do with a lot of people away from their computer at the holidays combined with me stuck at work killing time on the Geek?? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.