BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: NEED help rememebering game from my childhood rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
brad smith
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hi everyone! new to the site. so i remember palying this board game with my family when i was younger (born in '82 and probably played game at age 4-6) anyways the game was geared towards safety and i can rememeber my dad asking me a question about this scenario (a man pulls up next to you in a car and offers you a ride, what should you do?) and i remember having figures for the board but they were flat like they were made out of cardboard and you placed them in this smaller piece that had a slot in it, and they had a policeman and i think a nurse?? sorry this is soo vague but its all that i remember. and i thought the name of the game was "safety place" or "safety game" or "safety town"?? thank you for taking time to read my post. and thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brad,

Did you try using the search box at the top of the page (I ask because maybe you already know the game isn't in the database)? There's a couple games that might fit your description:

Safety First

or maybe

Safetyville

They don't list the years they were published, so it's hard to tell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad smith
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
thanks jim. yeah i already tried the search box and found a list of games but none of them were the one i remember. the safety first game that you posted sounded and looked VERY similar, and it may be the same game only newer, because the game i remember wasnt that new and didnt look like that. and the "safety first" from the 30's did sound like either one. i was just wondering if anyone might have remembered the game from their childhood or something. thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok...I figured, but I had to ask. It's not often that people get stumped around here on these types of questions, but I have a feeling this one will be difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howzabout Let's Be Safe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It could be Don't Talk to Strangers, although I don't recall (flat) figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.