Subject: Blue Moon Fight Question about Matched Power... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giancarlo Amente
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
...because if I can't win, you can't either! :)
badge
OH...OH...OH....OH...OVERTEXT!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Hope this isn't something that has been asked before. I play a character card and announce that character's power of 4 in fire. My opponent then matches me. Back to my turn and I cannot get my power up anymore above 4.

My question is - Since we are still tied does it go back to the other players turn, or do I lose the combat because I couldn't do better than his match of my character's power? Thanks for any help and, again, my apologies if this information is elsewhere on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If you match 4 again, it goes back to him again. If you can't, you lose the combat.

From the rules:

Quote:
If you cannot at least match your opponent’s total power, you must retreat during the "Retreat from Fight" phase and
may not play character, booster or support cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to match or exceed his power using another character card (along with boosters/support cards) in order to continue the battle. Therefore, in your example, you would have had to retreat if you couldn't match his 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player must equal or exceed the other player's 'current power' or retreat.

A character or boster card previously played is no longer active.
A suppport played previously stays active until someone retreats.

Remember not to discard anything until someone retreats, because if you attracted the Dragon and are discarding six or more cards when you do so, you get two Dragons.

All of the above are modified by cards and other special circumstances, but those are the basics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Amente
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
...because if I can't win, you can't either! :)
badge
OH...OH...OH....OH...OVERTEXT!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok now this all makes sense. I would, in my example, have to match my opponent's power with a new character and any booster/support cards to match or exceed his power. It continues back and forth like this until one of use retreats. Thanks so much. I can't believe I didn't understand that ruling :) Happy Holidays all and thanks again!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.