Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
almost half the cards in stark deck mention their interaction with cards that have the 'stalwart' keyword. yet I haven't seen any cards with that keyword. what am I missing? are all Stark cards considered 'stalwart'? if so where does it say so?

I have looked over a few stark cards outside of the lcg box and still haven't found any that would have that 'stalwart' icon. at first I thought the lcg stark deck is made in a way to force you to buy more cards to use all those 'stalwart' related effects, but now i am just confused.

edit: http://www.agameofthrones.com/agotforums/posts/list/17751.pa...
"The symbols you see on p. 21 are not supposed to be shorthand for the House specific keywords, but rather for the House itself"

I guess it should be made clear in the rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buster Brown
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mike,

I looked through our AGoT LCG set and found only one Stark card that actually had the "stalwart" keyword, and that's Lord Eddard Stark. I then looked through all three of the chapter packs that are out at the moment (A Song of Summer, A Change of Seasons and Winds of Winter) and could not locate a single card with the "stalwart" keyword. So, there is one Stark card in the base set with that keyword, and none released in the LCG Chapter packs yet. (I didn't look through the other four house decks to see if they have any "Stalwart" keywords.)

Perhaps we will see a few others in the next few releases of Chapter packs.

Me and the wife are having a great time learning this game and I think the LCG format fits in perfectly with how we like to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
look at the 'house specific keywords' section in the LCG rules. the stark house icon IS the 'stalwart' keyword, which presumably means stark characters always go onto top of your deck when killed or dismissed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Hergl
Germany
Riemerling near Munich
flag msg tools
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
badge
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
mbmbmbmbmb
bazik123 wrote:
look at the 'house specific keywords' section in the LCG rules. the stark house icon IS the 'stalwart' keyword, which presumably means stark characters always go onto top of your deck when killed or dismissed.

No, this is not right. The card has to contain the keyword. The icon you are refering to is just a symbol to abridge the name "Stark".
The icon is behind the keyword in the rules because "Stalwart" will only appear on "Stark" cards never on a card from a different house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason -
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll find cards with the "Stalwart" keyword in some of the chapter packs that preceded the Core Set as well as the Five Kings Edition (the last set of cards that were released using the CCG method of distribution).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buster Brown wrote:
Mike,

I looked through our AGoT LCG set and found only one Stark card that actually had the "stalwart" keyword, and that's Lord Eddard Stark. I then looked through all three of the chapter packs that are out at the moment (A Song of Summer, A Change of Seasons and Winds of Winter) and could not locate a single card with the "stalwart" keyword. So, there is one Stark card in the base set with that keyword, and none released in the LCG Chapter packs yet. (I didn't look through the other four house decks to see if they have any "Stalwart" keywords.)

Perhaps we will see a few others in the next few releases of Chapter packs.

Me and the wife are having a great time learning this game and I think the LCG format fits in perfectly with how we like to game.

All of the chapter packs are LCG chapter packs, even if the first set doesn't have white borders.
There are several Stalwart cards in the first series of chapter packs. There will almost certainly be more Stalwart cards in future chapter packs.

You really don't want to have too many Stalwart cards in your deck, as they can easily start to clog your draw (there are mechanics that can work around that, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joedogboy wrote:

All of the chapter packs are LCG chapter packs, even if the first set doesn't have white borders.
There are several Stalwart cards in the first series of chapter packs. There will almost certainly be more Stalwart cards in future chapter packs.

You really don't want to have too many Stalwart cards in your deck, as they can easily start to clog your draw (there are mechanics that can work around that, though).

damnit. Why did you have to go and post that bit of information. Now I'm going to be tempted to get the first series of chapter packs and mess-up the whole white-border only plan I was going to stick with.

..... and so it begins. It's a damn good thing these are fixed packs and not randoms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GamerAtom wrote:

damnit. Why did you have to go and post that bit of information. Now I'm going to be tempted to get the first series of chapter packs and mess-up the whole white-border only plan I was going to stick with.

..... and so it begins. It's a damn good thing these are fixed packs and not randoms.

Check out Tzumainn's site for descriptions of the cards that come in each chapter pack. This will allow you to choose the packs that have the best cards for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.