Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see this sleeve option in one of the other threads, so I thought I'd post in case anyone else was interested.

It occurred to me the other day that my usual prototype card size is 6x9 cm, which means the cheap sleeves I use for game design ought to fit Dominion cards. I tried it out and it does.

Here are a CCG card and a Dominion card in UltraPro sleeves (whole card and closeup):

Here they are in cheap ProGard sleeves:

The ProGard sleeve is quite a bit too wide for both American and European size cards, but more importantly (to me) it is long enough, covering the card completely rather than exposing the top millimeter or so of the Euro card.

They sell these in my local Toys R Us for $3.99 per pack of 200:

I'm still waiting on my Mayday sleeves preorder, but for now, I'm using these overly wide sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirkwb
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used just the same sleeves I use for Magic, WoW and VS. cards in constructed tournaments, Dragon Shields. They're too wide but they shuffle fine and cover the top of the card .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used those types and they lasted all of two days (4 hours) of play. I ended up having to get the heavier duty ones so spent even more money. I really wouldn't recommend those if you are going to be playing for any amount of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you guys shuffle your cards? The ProGard sleeves seem to last me just fine -- at least, for playtesting, and in addition to shuffling that usually entails a lot of sleeving and unsleeving and resleeving, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously. I had one deck of MAgic cards that lasted me years using the same penny sleeves from wal-mart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You shuffle Dominion cards a lot more than you do Magic cards, remember. I side shuffle the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
You shuffle Dominion cards a lot more than you do Magic cards, remember. I side shuffle the cards.

No you don't, especially over the years of playing magic, a deck might get shuffled a thousand times and not only did any not sleeve tear I could bust out the deck today and still be using the same sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.