Axis & Allies» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Opening Japan Move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hupe
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi Everyone,

I'll be playing an Axis and Allies game soon where I'll be playing as Japan. Its been a while since I played as Japan... I was curious as to what people recomend I do for Turn 1. Any other Japan Strategies would be greatly appreciated.

Just as a note we will be playing the game without the Technologies.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
How many victory cities??

I recently won while playing Japan playing the 8 victory cities. I sent my whole fleet and took Calcutta, and left a token defense against the US; while my partner took Leningrad.

I like to go west when playing Japan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hupe
Canada
flag msg tools
OOppps for got to mention...

We will be playing for a total victory so 12 cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Haven't played 12 yet with Revised. I always attack, attack, attack with Japan. I liked to go into Russia with the old version if I could; to take her out of the war if Germany went hard east as well.

I like to go West usually, and the US might ignore you if you head that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's all about economics and position.

The pacific is a non-issue arly in the game. Sure, blow up the pearl harbour fleet, but other than that, look west.

Your' objectives are absolutely clear: US-held China and India. Seven resources to you, seven off your opponenets (followed by Persia and Trans-Jordan for another 2). That's a 14 (16) IPC difference that is critical for the Axis.

Moreover, India is a brillinet location for an Industrial complex for you. It's also a magnificent one for the allies, which is another reason why you must take it. Ditto Sinkiang. Letting the US build an IC there is a deathknell (unless the Commonwealth gives up on India, if they don't know its value).

The big question is, are you playing with National Advantages? If yes, then the Commonwelath ought to put its free factory in India and you won't be able to get it. If not, then the Commonwelath cannot realisticall expect to hold India, and you will be able to build a factory there.

For Japan, it's all about India, baby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.