4 Posts

Axis & Allies» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Japan New Industrical Complex Location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hupe
Canada
flag msg tools
I was staring at the gameboard and thought to myself...

Why not use the East Indies as the location for a new Japan Industrial Complex instead of somehwere on the main land... It has 4 production and with transports you can reach India, Australia, Middle East, and Africa in one move.

Wondering if anyone has tried this ? What are your thoughts ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
quebec128 wrote:
I was staring at the gameboard and thought to myself...

Why not use the East Indies as the location for a new Japan Industrial Complex instead of somehwere on the main land... It has 4 production and with transports you can reach India, Australia, Middle East, and Africa in one move.

Wondering if anyone has tried this ? What are your thoughts ?

Never tried it. One of the main advantages of building a factory is the possibility of saving money on transports. This is completely negated, if you place the factory on an island. However, I can see your point about the potential areas one can reach from the East Indies.

I would like to hear an after action report, if anyone tries this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Never tried it either as Japan (nor do I remember others). I would also be intersted in the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hupe
Canada
flag msg tools
I should be playing the next game as Japan soemtime in Jan 2009... I'll let you guys know if this idea works
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.