Wizards» Forums » General

Subject: So glad our Wizards game is still alive and kicking! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Coral Mosbø
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
It has been fun to read the many comments posted on BGG regarding our Wizards game which we designed in 1982 (published by Avalon Hill). We are also very grateful for all the time and effort that Robin Warren has put in to making a playable Java version of our game, and for relaying all of our rule corrections and changes, etc. It is an honor to know that it is still enjoyed and played from time to time in whatever version people prefer most. We thought that Michael Debije's review of Wizards was excellent, and funny. Thanks to all those who have ever purchased our game when it was still extent, and for those clever souls who managed to figure out the rulebook (which was condensed from our original rules, and confusingly mixed around by our editor, which made it difficult to find whatever you are looking for, unfortunately). But for all that, it is what it is, and we still enjoy the occasional epic adventure in the Enchanted Islands ourselves. Hope you have a fantastic Christmas, and a wonder-filled New Year! God bless you all! Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek! Wizards is one of my "10's" and is surely a game I would never turn down. Thanks for the many hours of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything Brett said. Thank you for designing the game. Merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a 10, but still great. have dead tree, and play the Java version, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to be honest, I made a homemade copy after seeing a friends of mine. Kinda poor and finding a copy for under 90$ is hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if I can just find out why the High Wizard guy is always the traitor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Frick
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Red Raven, Red Raven...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to play this game again with a supposed aunt and uncle from England...don't supoose you know when they'd be available, would you? Welcome to the geek, Aunt Coral! Careful not to become as addicted to it as I am!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coral Mosbø
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Andrew. Will be glad to play with you when next we have a chance to get together. Not sure when that will be. Meanwhile, congratulations on your engagement! Take care, Nephew, and blessings to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.