United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
During our game the player with the longest road (or has the longest road) gets to draw a resource from any other player card was drawn.

What happens if nobody has the 'longest road' card and 2 (or more) players tie for longest road? If all those that tie get to take a resource, what is the procedure? Do we add the newly drawn card to our hand before the other player(s) have drawn their card from our hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Ali de Oliveira Bueno
Brazil
Campinas
São Paulo
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never see the event card expansion, but for your description I think:

If nobody has the longest road bonus, then nobody will gain the beneficts of this event.

It is not possible to two people to have the longest road bonus, if two players have a road the same size, then the first to achieve that size is the owner of the bonus and thus, the only one eligible to obtain this benefict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card, as printed in Catan: Traders & Barbarians (I don't have standalone Catan: Event Cards), says that if no player has the Longest Road card then the player who has the longest road claims the bonus. And in such case it is possible for two players to have the same length of road.

We used to play so that in a case of road length draw non of the players gains the bonus. We chose soe because the cards says "player" while some other cards use "player(s)".

However we do not know whether the card should be drawn randomly, or the drawing player may ask for a specific resource or maybe even look into the hand of the other player and pick a card by himself/herself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.