Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Lerche
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules state that if a player doesn't have enough gold to purchase the cheapest available tile, he MUST purchase the "0"-tile.

The rules also state that you can exchange VP's for gold anytime during the game.

So when is it mandatory to take the "0"-tile? Only when a player chooses NOT to exchange VP's for gold?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Konghans wrote:
So when is it mandatory to take the "0"-tile? Only when a player chooses NOT to exchange VP's for gold?

Correct. A player is never forced to exchange VPs for Gold. So if he has none, he can take the 0-cost token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Konghans wrote:

Correct. A player is never forced to exchange VPs for Gold. So if he has none, he can take the 0-cost token.
I have had this used against me very effectively in a 2p game by somebody who spotted that the tiles he needed were the first one in each set of vikings. He spent all his gold to buy a boatman with his first play (I think he had to trade a VP in too), then picked up all the good stuff for free (whilst I could not take it). I got wise to it after that, it is an easy strategy to disrupt if you want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won a long series of games by going 'bankrupt' early in the game, sucking up good free pieces and occasionally wasting a VP or two if something better was needed.

Eventually a friend of mine began using the same tactics and it no longer worked.
cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.