Lexi Haley
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
When the dragon is on the board, it occupies a given tile. When a dragon movement tile is played, and the dragon begins its movement, is the dragon's original 'starting' position tile (for this turn only) considered 'visited' or not.

Imagine the board unrealistically contained three tiles:

[A][B][C]

The dragon is on tile [A], and I just played tile [C] which was a dragon movement tile -- I move the dragon to tile [B]. Can the next dragon move be back to [A] since [A] wasn't visited in this sequence of dragon movement? Or is that almost foolish - of course [A] was visited, since [A] was the start point for the dragon, and the dragon 'visited' it by default.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, "A" is considered "visited" so the dragon cannot come back to it in the same turn it moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
So the follower in tile A will also be removed if the Dragon starts there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ykphuah wrote:

The dragon either starts on a volcano or the tile he was left on after the last time he moved. A meeple can be placed on a just drawn tile that activated the dragons movement. Note the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
ykphuah wrote:

What follower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Follower = meeple, hehe I was just using the RGG's terminology of calling them follower.

during my first play of this expansion, I have my meeple together with the dragon when we drew the dragon tile, but after much thinking, seems like that's not possible as the dragon should have kicked the meeple back the previous turn, and we can't place a meeple in the same tile as the dragon even through the magic portal. Probably I have played some other rules wrongly.

Thanks for clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
mb
ykphuah wrote:
Follower = meeple

Actually the dragon dooms all figures (followers — meeples, mayor, wagon - as well as pig, builder, barn).

ykphuah wrote:
seems like that's not possible as the dragon should have kicked the meeple back the previous turn, and we can't place a meeple in the same tile as the dragon even through the magic portal

Yes, that was my (Socratic) question: how could a figure be there in the first place, since the tile with the dragon is off limits to all figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mango Man
United Kingdom
Cowes
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
That's going to happen, I don't think.
badge
Will I shut the holy hell up?
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:

[Actually the dragon dooms all figures (followers — meeples, mayor, wagon - as well as pig, builder, barn).

"A barn cannot be removed by the dragon (from The Princess and the Dragon), nor taken
prisoner by a tower (from The Tower)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
mb
pricero1 wrote:
"A barn cannot be removed by the dragon (from The Princess and the Dragon), nor taken
prisoner by a tower (from The Tower)."

Correct! I was quoting the definition of "figures" out of context; there is indeed an exception for the dragon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.