Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I have played this about 5 times. Two times were with basic rules. I am enjoying it quite a bit as it feels very unique. IMO, it doesn't feel like a WW II wargame with a science fiction theme tacked on.

Anyway, I was wondering what strategies would you suggest for trying to neutralize a stargate? Those things seem so powerful. The first time we played with advanced rules, I had my stargate against several starforces and I thought I was in trouble but it turned out the starforces were in trouble.

Do you spread out and try to zip in and cast, knowing the stargate will most likely randomize at least 2 of your starforces but hopefully you still had enough to neutralize it? Or, do you stay clumped up and hope the stargate casts in the wrong direction and/or "altitude" to miss your starforces AND not have any anti-cast defenses on it? How often do you spend telepoints on anti-cast? I always felt like my casts were too weak so I'd start foregoing anti-cast but then I'd get randomized...

I'll probably post this question at CSW, also. Feel free to respond in either forum. Hopefully this will generate some discussion on this, IMO, very interesting and fun game.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.