Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Davis
United States
Mukilteo
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a store (chain) in my local mall (Alderwood Mall, Lynnwood, WA) that opens for Christmas and then closes out everything right after - it is called Go!Games or Go!Toys. Right now all games and puzzles are 50% off.

We saw Blokus, Blokus Trigon, World of Warcraft Boardgame, Diplomacy, Pentago, Acquire, RushHour, Zooloreto, as well as many others.

If you have one near you, check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow. world of warcraft and zooloretto for half price. maybe this sort of thing contributes to the nw being such a thrifting wonderland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Well their prices are pretty high to begin with, but you should still find deals there. GO! games are not just in the NW; we have them in Virginia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they did the same thing last year. I picked up some good kids games there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Westgate mall in Madison has a temp Go! kiosk with a 33% off sale. Unfortunately, nothing of quality to note. One copy of new Settlers, and many Monopoly games (choose your flavor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Davis
United States
Mukilteo
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W.O.W. was $80 retail and Blokus $30 retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
My mall was only 33% off. Mostly just had Monopoly and party games left. I was hoping they would have Seafarers of Catan left, but I was out of luck. But I did score Carcassonne for $20, so I still got a decent deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Store locator:
http://www.calendarclub.com/locations/default.asp

Pick your state, check the "Go! Games" box and hit "Find Stores".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I got Risk: Godstorm for $25 and Carcassonne for $14 at Calendar Club (same company). I also saw World of Warcraft for $40 and some Axis and Allies games for about $20-$25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david knoblock
United States
quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i just checked out the one in my mall and everything is still 33% so far. i'm hoping they go 50% soon, since i'm hoping to catch either A&A: Guadalcanal or diplomacy on the cheap. my wife got me the new settlers last year when it went 50%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
Store locator:
http://www.calendarclub.com/locations/default.asp

Pick your state, check the "Go! Games" box and hit "Find Stores".

We lazy folks thank you!

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin, Karen, Acacia, and Janek
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
45 Jack-o'-dapter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Was able to pick up Carcassonne for $16. (Yep, I finally own a copy. Talk about arriving late to the party....yeesh!)

Missed out on a copy of Axis and Allies: Revised for $20.

I was disappointed that they didn't have the same selection they had last year....Ticket to Rides, Settlers, etc. Maybe they didn't sell at all. ????

Good luck to everyone on their hunt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wessman
Netherlands
Breda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this company has a store in the Fort Lauderdale area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kelly stauffer
United States
bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the tip! I went to the store in Fairfax, VA (near the REI) and got Fluxx, Doodle Dice, Mastermind Advance, Carcassonne, Go and Ingenious for 50% off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ham
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
HONK HONK
mbmbmbmbmb
The kiosk in Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, TX was only 33% off, and the only good games(non-party or Monopoly) left were Blokus, Blokus Trigon, and Ingenious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip! Picked up Pillars of the Earth and Zooloretto both at 50% off. They also had several copies of Khet and Diplomacy. I almost bought all four games, but thankfully I was able to listen to reason....

....this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Detwiler
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I acquired Acquire for $18.50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Davis
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, mine was only 33% off in Grand Rapids. Bought Acquire (2008) for $23. Was reeeealy hoping to find Zooloretto! They had a few copies of Diplomacy left, as well as Risk: Godstorm. I almost picked up the last copy of Ingenious, but it was pretty scratched up on the outside, and they didn't want to lower the price (at 50% off, I'd have run with it, but when gaming with non-gamers, presentation is everything).

Thanks much for the heads up! Cannot wait to finally play Acquire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some stores also have Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot blue box starter (with some bonus cards, as well, from another booster) for $12.50. That's better than you can do online if you include shipping in your comparison. I also saw black, yellow and pink booster sets.

I passed on Diplomacy, Acquire, Risk, Axis & Allies ($25) and Khet. I was just looking for something stupid to play with my lazy family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Woodland Hills, CA location had a lot of nothing. Saw Axis & Allies, Khet, and Blokus, but pedestrian stuff otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you said something Dan (torque2k).
I was going to drive to Grand Rapids to see if they had anything good.

I'm in Muskegon and checked the store in the Lakes Mall. They 3 Zooloretto left at half off which was $25.

I was hoping to snatch a Battlestar Galatica game but they were gone. The only things left of note were the Risk:Gods game, Acquire, Diplomacy, and two Killer Bunny decks.

They had a bunch of party games but I do not give them the time of day. I pay them as much attention in memory as the 50 types of Monopoly that were also there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I live in Decatur and noticed the same thing at our store. I was amazed to see World of Warcraft for 50% off. If I was interested in the game or could find anyone interested in trading, I would pick up the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthan Heiselt
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Awesome. Just got back from a local store here in Newport News, Virginia.

Picked up Khet, Zooloretto, Rattle Snake, and Qwirkle. All 50% off.

Christmas, the sequal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Roth
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Having never been at one not owned by the local owners (i.e. outside of central Illinois), I was wondering if people found that the prices were actually marked about $3 above list price (I don't mean just for the sell-off, I mean in general)? Our local one tends to have Settlers marked at $45, and other games just a few bucks above normal list.

Just wondering if their prices are decided by some central group or, since they are franchises, decided by the local guys...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The website makes it sound as if it is a Franchise that shares a distribution network.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.