Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Wolf
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm assuming this is the case, right? If a unit is eliminated in combat, it's not out of the game forever, is it? The (English) rules are confusing on this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I don't think there's any situation where a unit is removed from the game if eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are insufficient units in the countermix to allow many of the cards to be used for reinforcements if you don't recycle destroyed units. Similarly, the replacements available on the odd numbered turns will quickly dry up if you don't recycle units.

There is an element of force pool management in the game. Looking ahead to the units you want to recruit via cards and replacements, some units in play become expendable (in game terms), or if not expendable at least the ones you want to use in combat where you have a choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
For air-to-air combat, it says that a plane may be "removed from the game".

Does that mean removed from the map and your air/generals (i.e. it returns to the pool of counters you are waiting to recruit, and you can bring it back into play if you have a card with it on it), or does that mean it is placed in the box and not touched again until the game has ended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fritz
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joedogboy wrote:
For air-to-air combat, it says that a plane may be "removed from the game".

Does that mean removed from the map and your air/generals (i.e. it returns to the pool of counters you are waiting to recruit, and you can bring it back into play if you have a card with it on it)

I believe that is how it works, as you can bring in the same chit twice with event cards, although there is only one chit in the set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.