Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lessard
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I want tro try a home rule in zooloretto to put more interaction between players.

There's the rule. Every time you complete an enclosure with a market, you receive one extra coin.

My point is if we have more cash, we will try to make more buying move to block other player's. It should be harder to complete encloser because we are more exposed to competition.

I played only once, and my opinion is that the game have a great potential, but because of the lack of money, we are too limited in our action.

What do you think about that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb

I think so too, the game could use more interaction, extra coins should help!
I'll try this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lezard wrote:
I want tro try a home rule in zooloretto to put more interaction between players.

There's the rule. Every time you complete an enclosure with a market, you receive one extra coin.

My point is if we have more cash, we will try to make more buying move to block other player's. It should be harder to complete encloser because we are more exposed to competition.

I played only once, and my opinion is that the game have a great potential, but because of the lack of money, we are too limited in our action.

What do you think about that?
Personally, I enjoy the way the game is. I will acknowledge that $$ is usually lower than higher (which I'm guessing is the whole point). This variant sounds nice.

While we're on that subject, Aquaretto will certainly give you a run for you $$ on that topic. $$ is tighter in that game than Zooloretto... at least in the 4p and 5p games I've played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Duncan
United Kingdom
Galashiels
Scotland
flag msg tools
I agree re the lack of interaction. The key problem is that buying a tile from the barn costs 2 coins, with one being taken out of the game by the bank. Coins are already scarce!

We've tried a houserule which reduces the price to one coin except for fertile animals which cost 2 coins. In both cases, the coins go to the seller. A purchase cannot be declined, as normal. It's also a playable option to offer one coin for a fertile animal and allow the potential seller to decide whether to accept that.

This makes for a much more interactive game, and it's fun to see how perception of values changes, as the game approaches its climax.

I'd like to see further enclosure expansions too - perhaps four, each of a different size, but all at the same cost to tempt players into over-expansion (unfilled enclosures)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.